Manager Technical Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Manager of Technical Solutions to assist the Director of Sales and Northern Distribution network in the promotion, sales and support of Sensus' advanced metering portfolio for the water utility market. Position requires a Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Attainment of annual sales revenue and profit plan.
- Develop full comprehension of the Sensus corporate objectives
- Train, motivate and lead the entire sales channel so that full optimization of the plan is achieved and achieved within specified regional cost budgets.
- Develop a full understanding of all NAW market conditions, with a special emphasis on Regional market conditions and then consistently communicate those conditions to marketing.
- Must assist marketing and engineering from this experience to develop WINNING strategies for the overall benefit of Sensus, a Xylem brand.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Five years of technical sales experience in the utility industry is highly desired.
- Ability to comprehend all aspects of Radio Frequency (RF) modulation and effectively train and troubleshoot these complex systems
- Highly proficient with PC skills, software, data communications, computer networking, RF networks
- Ability to train all levels within the sales channel and within the utility
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Must be able to travel up to 50%.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.