Continuous Improvement & XPS Manager – France & Belux M/W
As a member of the Continuous Improvement Team, this person will execute the Continuous Improvement strategy and nurture the Continuous Improvement culture while driving the implementation of the Xylem Production System with specific focus on Service and Rental. This high energy person should enjoy hands on lean implementation and hands on development & coaching of others to implement lean. This positive thinking individual should be a strong team player with highly developed change management and communication skills. This position reports solid line to the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager and dotted line to the Service Leader (Commercial Team).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Partner with the France & Belux Management team to spread the CI / Lean Six Sigma culture within the Regional Organization with the aims of:
- creating value for customers through processes optimization
- improving internal processes (both transactional and services)
- gaining productivity, therefore better cost management
- Implement and help sustain the regional Continuous Improvement Roadmap within our Service Operations
- Nurture a culture of Continuous Improvement at local and Regional level within the organization.
- Act as a technical expert, coach, mentor and train colleagues, Leaders and project team members regarding Continuous Improvement matters
- Train and coach teams to implement and maintain Xylem Production System Standards
- Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques leveraging Lean methodologies to solve problems and build new capabilities
- Identify opportunities for CI projects via CI events (Kaizen event, Value stream mapping, idea generation, visual management, etc.) and prioritize improvement opportunities with the management teams
- Develop lean best practices and proliferate to common processes through Xylem Production System
- Work/share good practice with other CI leaders
- Standardize lean implementations and best practices to support learning, sustainability and proliferation.
- Determine best options to apply lean thinking and lean tools to drive improved learning and sustainable results
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements; remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes
- Assure appropriate process and Financial metrics to validate Lean projects result achievement and track improvements
- 5-7+ years’ business experience in global/international company, within Service, Rental and Aftermarket Operations Industry
- Subject matter expert for continuous improvement tools and method. In problem solving using Six Sigma or Toyota 8 Step Process. Deep understanding in project management preferred
- Hands on experience teaching and coaching others to implement Lean Thinking and Lean Tools in Service and Aftermarket Operations
- Proficiency in CI transformation for transactional processes and Commercial area
- Demonstrated success in leading significant change in large organization
- Experience of running multiple, international projects in different locations
- Ability to interact with and support multiple people, teams and/or projects
- Must have a passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Proven ability to develop influential relationship at multiple levels (spanning from field technicians to business leaders)
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Excellent overall business and finance acumen and organizational savvy
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decision with incomplete information, and ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Analytical and process thinking
- Rational persuasion: resilient and able to convince others
- Ability to teach and describe excellence
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills.
- Fluency in English and French required. Italian, Spanish and/or Dutch are welcome
Xylem is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected factor.