Salesforce Database Administrator- Remote
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem Analytics seeks to hire a Salesforce.com Database Administrator to join the Sales Department which is dedicated to maintaining consistency of sales reporting, sales processes and use of tools that support the processes. The administrator will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy new business processes.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead Salesforce.com system administrator
- Maintain, develop and improve key CRM and CPQ data, templates and workflows to accommodate evolving business needs
- Manage Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, queues, workflows, validation rules, groups, storage management, and data backup
- Adding and removing users and security roles- this means understanding how salesforce.com security model works, what compromises the roles, how they function and testing of changes to these roles
- Assist with data migration from other systems as needed, including importing sales and marketing leads, contacts, and other data
- Create and maintain custom objects, object relationships, standard and custom fields, reports, dashboards, processes, training plans, and documentation for end users
- Create and maintain implementing and testing configuration changes in test and production environment
- Performing database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing
- Manage and maintain third party applications and make recommendations on tools that will provide better user experiences and efficiencies
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to CRM and CPQ
- Manage implementation and programming of annual price increases by closely working with Marketing team
- Work with management to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage CRM support, additional business processes or functions
- Become fully trained on the Salesforce.com platform to be the expert and continue education to know which features and functions to bring to our team
- Partner with the CPQ Administrator technically as needed
- Other projects as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing or Business
- 2+ years of experience
- High level of familiarity with Excel
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Proven success in and genuine enthusiasm for working directly with end users
- Experience with relational database management tools
- Experience with documentation of complex products and configurations
- Effective oral and written communication skills to deliver technical information in an easily understood manner across all departments in an organization
- Functional knowledge of order management and CPQ terminology
- Salesforce.com admin certified preferred
- Bonus points for having three years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator
- Preference given to strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail
- Preferred basic understanding of Salesforce Plugins, and how the interact with Web based API’s
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Remote: Work from home
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.