1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Tax Analyst to support the tax department by assisting in preparation of quarterly tax provision calculations, along with providing general tax department support services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare Federal and State & Local Income and Franchise Tax Returns.
- Prepare International Reporting Forms 5471 and 8858.
- Update State Tax Provision model and prepare State Tax estimated payments and extension requests.
- Maintain the state cash tax payment log and reconcile with Finance/Treasury.
- Prepare the State Apportionment Data Collect in OneSource software to deploy to field units. Also, reconcile the State data received to the Federal Amounts to ensure accurate State tax return filings.
- Assist with the Fixed Asset Process by gathering all fixed asset information from the U.S. field and reconciling data for calculation of tax depreciation in FAMS system and US Consolidated Tax Return
- Assist in the preparation of responses to ongoing Federal & State tax authority examinations.
- Assist in the preparation of W8-BEN-E Forms
- Provide general tax department support services.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required. MS in Taxation or working towards a degree is preferred. CPA certification desirable but not required.
- Minimum of one to two years of tax experience in federal income taxation with emphasis on U.S. tax law as applied to corporations and with the application of U.S. tax law to foreign operations of U.S. multinationals preferred.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of OneSource preferred.
- Cross Boundary Collaboration: Collaborates effectively within his/her own team and across functional, business, geographic, and boundaries, showing a willingness to work with others, share information and insight, and leverage different points of view.
- Analytical Decision Making- Makes evidence based decisions using all available relevant data. Makes decisions within his or her scope of responsibility, and understands when it is necessary to ask for guidance. Leverages available tools, resources, and the expertise of others.
- Inspiring Accountability- Accepts responsibility for his/her own actions, results, and subsequent learning. Aligns words with action: follows through on commitments, and openly and proactively communicates when commitments will not be met.
- Planning and Prioritizing Work- Remains agile by planning his or her work to maximize productivity, while adapting effectively to meet changing circumstances. Prioritizes moderately complex work appropriately based on dependencies, technology context, and the impact to the business.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment. Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
- Overtime (including some evenings, weekends, and/or holidays) may be required during key seasons.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran