Buyer - Maintenance Repair Operation
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Maintenance Repair Operation (MRO) Buyer will direct and coordinate MRO Storeroom purchasing and receiving activities. Maintain adequate MRO Storeroom stock levels and inventory cycle count accuracies. Insure prompt delivery of emergency repair parts & materials to support the Manufacturing production operation. Track MRO Storeroom inventory to maintain and control expenditures within the departmental budget.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Purchasing of MRO materials to support the requirements of the Maintenance operations at the Sensus Uniontown manufacturing operation site. This support function will include the processing of material requisitions and inventory stock replenishment worksheet to generate purchase orders, service contracts and the local purchase of non-inventory supplies.
- Generate purchase orders through the CMMS-BPCS system to order materials for support of the Facilities Maintenance Department. Contact vendors to establish pricing and availability. Input general ledger numbers, tax codes and cost center data to insure compliance with standard Sensus accounting procedures. Insure material requisitions are associated with the correct Maintenance work order task. Comply with the established Sensus purchase order approval process. Issue purchase orders to vendors by phone, fax or mail.
- Receiving of inventory materials and equipment repair parts into the MRO storeroom. Follow-up with data entry of packing slips, generate receiving worksheet and locate inventory items into the proper storeroom locations or issue materials to the required repair work order. Notify Maintenance craftsmen and MRO Planner/Scheduler of equipment repair parts arrival. Reconcile receiving packing slips with the Accounting Department.
- Coordinate local purchases of non-inventory MRO supplies. Contact vendors for pricing, availability and then follow-up with delivery schedules or local pickup of material. Receive incoming local vendor materials and match requisition requirements to the correct Maintenance work order. Apply brief written description of purchase requirement, cost center, project number and/or work order number to sales slip for processing by the Sensus Accounting Department.
- Maintain storeroom accuracies through established cycle count policy and accounting procedures.
- Maintain CMMS-BPCS file structure for part masters, manufacturer, commodity codes, unit of measure, vendor data and equipment bill of materials.
- Evaluate used equipment parts for repair versus disposal. After determination of repair feasibility, MRO Buyer will decide to ship component to an outside vendor for repair or enter a Maintenance work order for rebuild in-house. Buyer will follow-up on status of repair parts and then return components to the MRO storeroom inventory after completion of repair work.
- Follow established storeroom cost tracking procedures & inventory measurements to insure compliance to departmental budget. Compliance will be tracked by generation and analysis of the following reports: storeroom inventory value, inventory turns analysis, total cost of purchase orders issued, inventory disbursement reports, cycle count accuracy reports and storeroom replenishment worksheets.
- Ability to analyze and solve equipment repair part issues dealing with component interchangeability. MRO Buyer should be capable of finding and establishing alternate suppliers. Ability to expedite delivery of equipment repair materials to support emergency situations dealing with production outages.
- Maintain adequate office supply levels to support the Facilities Maintenance operation.
- Excellent working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to optimize the benefits of the Sensus BPCS Plant Maintenance system.
- Demonstrated educational background and experience with a Maintenance manufacturing support operation.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with vendors for pricing, delivery and payment terms.
- Working knowledge of Maintenance repair procedures to evaluate MRO components. Must be able to determine the most economical means for repair or replacement.
- Must be organized to control the MRO storeroom in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ability to understand General Accounting Principles (GAP) and purchasing related accounting procedures.
- Ability to effectively understand and process written and verbal communications.
- Control and maintain tracking system for Maintenance Craftsmen Tool Loan area.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Requires a two-year college degree in a relevant field of study.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the facilities maintenance operations field is highly preferred.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of purchasing MRO materials through a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Elke-Main tracker BPCS purchasing experience is preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Position is performed in a well-lighted, climate controlled, office/manufacturing environment.
- Must perform occasional lifting of MRO materials not to exceed 50 pounds, and must be able walk from area-to-area within the facility as necessary to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stair climbing could be necessary depending upon office location.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Will be work in the Facilities Maintenance office area, but will have frequent exposure to the manufacturing floor environment.
- Standard office and office type equipment; work is usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- The plant work environment is a typical manufacturing environment with moving machinery/equipment, concrete floors, and temperature fluctuations due to climate and seasonal changes where not environmentally controlled.
- Hearing protection required in some areas due to machinery and factory-related noise.
- Travel is estimated at less than 10 percent.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.