1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director, Finance in the Measurement and Control Solutions. This position is responsible for supporting the operational leaders of the Assessment Services business in making strategic, operational, and tactical decisions with overall responsibility for the management of all financial processes and activities including budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis and reporting and working capital management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work side by side with operational and finance business leaders as a business partner focused on forward looking results
- Develop budgets and execute operational plans that meet corporate growth expectations
- Analyze monthly financial results that drives good decision making on future results
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue, optimize margins and reduce cost
- Communicate results to business leads, operational teams and CFO
- Prepare monthly financial and operational presentations
- Perform business modeling as needed
- Special projects as required.
- Perform ad-hoc management related requests and analysis
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance. CPA a plus
- 10 years in Finance, including FP&A experience
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management, One Stream or equivalent ERP accounting system
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Proficiency using PowerPoint to illustrate and communicate financial results
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.