Business Development Manager - Building Services (Eastern Europe)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Business Development Manager (BDM) within Building Services. This person is responsible to define and execute a selling and marketing strategy to penetrate the Building Services market segment in the Eastern Europe & Eurasia (EEE) region in collaboration with the local Commercial Teams.
Reporting directly to sales director this role will be accountable and responsible of the promotion of the Xylem product portfolio suitable for achievable applications in the Building Services market segments, to detect new opportunities and develop a compelling offer to the customers in line with the company capacity and capability. The BDM will as well aim to increase Xylem brand awareness in the local targeted Building Services market segment. The Building Services market segment cover the furniture of products and services dedicated to customers acting in the Building Services market segment, such as, without being exhaustive, residential building, large housing complex, commercial building such as hotel, resort, office, towers and public building such as schools, university, hospitals, administrative buildings….
The BDM will promote a compelling offer that include a product portfolio that includes all Xylem products and service that can fit into the Building Services market segment.
Consequently, the BDM will, in collaboration with local commercial teams:
- Implement and execute a business strategy to achieve profitable business growth in selected building service segments where Xylem has the opportunity to leverage its capabilities, service and product portfolio
- Work close with local Commercial teams and Managing Directors to assess appetite and capacity to execute on Building Services activities as a diversification of the revenue in the local commercial team
- Will identify and target key stakeholders and influencers in the selected segments such as key Designers, Key Contractors, Service Providers / Facility manager, wholesalers and End users
- Increase Xylem brand awareness within the market and channels by using multiple and diverse marketing activities
- Plan and prioritize activities to grow relationships, inquiry levels and orders according to available capacity
- Identify best channels to market according to Xylem capacity to cover territory and best ability to serve the customers across the country (Wholesalers, specialized installers / retailers, Services partners, service providers, …)
- Organize visits to current and potential clients such as Building Services designers, Key Contractors, promoters and service providers / facility managers with the aim of promoting the full breath of Xylem product portfolio to increase local competence and self-confidence (lead by example)
- Responsible for defining and achieving KPI’s to assess the effective progression and penetration in the Building Services market segment
- Influence key decision makers in specifying Xylem products as the preferred solution to fulfill the customer’s requirements.
- Plan and implement with the support of marketing factory visits to key designers and contractors to increase Xylem brand awareness and build trust
- Leverage European resources to support Building Services initiatives and increase brand awareness and market penetration
- Use appropriate tools to maintain clear and accurate records of activities within defined area, prepare, and present regular reports as required.
- Organize and deliver presentations and trainings to Designers and Key Contractors within Xylem Building Services product portfolio
- Act as “connector” between local commercial teams and Growth center to: ensure smooth communication, remove bottlenecks, expedite request of support (sales and technical), ensure timely DoA approvals and/or specific discount requests, facilitate the resolution of delivery issues, filter Growth Center request to deliver a first level of answer limiting the exposure of the Commercial teams,
- Act as an ambassador of the region to promote the EEE region strategies, business development opportunities to facilitate access to resources
- Attend and contribute to appropriate networking opportunities in and outside of the company
- Negotiate or assist in resolution of any customer conflicts in collaboration with local commercial team
- Act as mentor with local commercial team sales force to teach best technical and commercial practices, leading by example in front of the customer
- Assist in any market knowledge activities as appropriate
- Assist with technical seminars or trainings for benefit of sales personnel and customers. Coordinate technical support when needed with Growth Center.
- Communicate with Customer Support to ensure proper order placement and order management for large projects. Step in spontaneously when process get complex and compromise final delivery to the customers
- Continuously share best practices within and outside of the region to secure: increased awareness in the region of existing applications, promote out of the region best practices of the EEE region to increase the visibility of the region
- Adopt a proactive attitude with local Commercial teams with a strong sense of accountability and ownership of actions. A “consultant” attitude is not expected in this role.
- Coordinate activities with local commercial team, service team and Growth Centers resources to ensure premium service to the customer and good coordination of activities
- The position requires travel
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities Actively self-assess himself / herself to identify his / her technical areas of development
- Proactively develop his / her technical expertise
- Actively support HR initiatives (CPG, mandatory trainings…)
- Actively lead internal projects to develop the efficiency of the entire organization
- Proactively ensure that Xylem business is fully compliant
- Compliance with Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strategic Thinking and ability to think outside of the box
- Entrepreneurial approach to business evaluating current capacity and capability to adequate short term opportunities to existing pool of resources while designing future state to address longer term opportunities
- Ability to develop business by leveraging internal or external resources
- Understanding of the strategic connections between stakeholders and shareholders
- Ability to achieve results within matrix organization and non-direct reports
- Be a connector between functions, customers and partners
- Have a problem solving approach with strong sense of urgency
- Seek continuous feedback on the results of business development among the company
- Keep constant connection with Growth Center / International roles to find out best practices, stay aware of key successes and promote them where applicable in the local commercial teams
- Have a deep understanding of being an “enabler” and drive the business also with no direct control over a specific customer (so work hand in hand with business partners: area sales manager, Key Account team and customer support)
- Understand the multiple opportunities of going to the market directly or indirectly, eventually leveraging Wholesaler channel, and / or Facility Managers and / or Service partners and / or any other indirect channel available
- Mastery of products and competitors connected to Building Services applications
- In-depth knowledge of our market and competitive forces and keep conducting market and competition research to ensure
- Understanding of human and organizational behavior dynamics and mastery of conflict management skills.
- Mastery of financial principles and how to manage budgets.
- Mastery of effective communication skills to impact and influence people,
- Project Feasibility
- Define Scope of Services
- Cost Estimate
- Proposal Development
- Work with inside sales and marketing to develop specifications, draft request for RFQs, solicited proposals and unsolicited proposals.
- Fluent in English. Russian is a plus like any other language of the EEE region
- Experience of sales and marketing reporting activities at senior level.
- Experience of working in a sales reporting environment at a senior level.
- Experience of managing sales teams, and controlling results in the Building Services market. Knowledge of different kind of product, clients and sales environment in the own market.
- Experience in Building Services applications
- Experience of implementing marketing and strategic sales plans in wide areas and with big teams.
- Managing the sales budgeting and processes to ensure the continued achievability of results. Experience of defending and presenting sales budgets.
- Comfortable with working in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Able to work and achieve results also with indirect reports
- Able and comfortable to sell long-term projects, understanding multiple connections and influences
- Experience to work with distribution partners
- Capacity to negotiate and review contract in collaboration with local teams and customers