Product Manager, Surface Water Products (located in Beijing, China)
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Product Manager, Surface Water Products (located in Beijing, China)). The Product Manager will manage the product portfolio in China for the surface water vertical, including product lifecycle management, establishing and implement key product go to market strategies including launching and promoting new products and developing new markets opportunities.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with the sales team to develop and implement of key product go to market strategy for water quality monitoring and sampling product lines to meet with both long term and short term business development requirement.
- Collaborate with key product managers to bridge local market needs and product development.
- Create new sales opportunities through proactive efforts with major customers and continuous marketing intelligence gathering.
- Identify and foster relationships with key customers and associations
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on the status of programs and initiatives and quarterly analysis of sales by product and region
- Perform competitive analysis and assure proper product positioning and pricing
- Work with global marketing team to localize technical marketing materials (content) for launch kits, presentations, sales tools, web content and webinars.
- Provide training for internal and external teams and distribution partners
Experience & Academic Requirements:
- BS in Chemical Analyzing, Eco engineering or Mechanical engineering. MBA is preferred
- Prior product management, marketing and/or sales experience with an international/global company
- Prior leadership experience
- Technical training/experience in the surface water field
- At least 3 years working experience in water area with multinational companies.
- Strong communication skills
- Must speak fluent Mandarin and English
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and a hands on doer
- Solid creative abilities, as well as excellent project and people management skills
- Effective public speaker and preparing/giving presentations on technical and scientific topics
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications, ability to give presentations at industry events
- Ability to use SFDC to monitor sales activity and marketing effectiveness
- General office environment
- 10:00AM and 5:00PM Monday through Friday, up to 30% travel required.
- Interim oversea working in NA and EU facilities
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job