Design Engineer / Asst. manager
Doc No. :D/HRD/03
Rev. No. 00
Page 1 of 2
Location : Xylem Water Solutions, Vadodara India
Category/Department : WS-Engineering
Job Title: Design Engineer-/ Asst. manager Design
Reports To: Manager, Engineering – WS
Purpose of Position: Engineering of Column Pumps
Summary of the scope of responsibilities
Engineering of Column Pumps & Mechanical Equipment of Project
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Details of the Job Responsibilities)
Responsible for Mechanical Equipment
Responsible for Preparation of Mechanical Equipment Technical Engineering Release.
Review & Evaluation of Mechanical Equipment Drawing & Data sheet.
Responsible for Engineering of Column Pumps and Metallic volute pumps / Turbines.
Pump Design Calculations.
Pump Hydraulic Component Developments.
Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems.
Will be responsible for New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management from Manufacturing and Supply Operations perspective. So
- Technical support to plant, Projects, Sourcing
- Drawing preparation and release- GA, Manufacturing
- Contract review of special order
- Preparation / release of BOM
- Responsible for maintaining clarity on technical matters
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES (Details of minimum requirements)
- Minimum Professional/educational qualification and experience:
- 2-Year Master degree in Design engineering – Full time.
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering – Full time.
- Experience Required:
- 5 to 8 years of experience
- Important competencies and knowledge required
- Fluent Knowledge of 2D/3D CAD, preferably in Creo & Autocad.
- Knowledge on Ansys Software
- Knowledge on GD&T
- Proficient & Knowledge of ERP Lx
- result oriented, self-motivated
- Must be able to work with Cross functional team.
- Skills and Abilities
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication and inter-personal capabilities
- Good Team Player
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Ability to work on multiple assignments
- Good Communication skill.
- Stamina and Adaptability
- Capable of working with cross functional team
- Flexible to work in different condition
- Ability to handle multiple projects, high volume activity and establish priorities in a changing environment.
- Gently assertive, flexible and adaptable
- pressure handling capacity
- Working Conditions
- Office environment, Stretch to meet Deliverables.
- Visit to Value Center
Reviewed and Approved By and Date:Noted By and Date:
Department Head:H R Department:
Note: This job description outlines the essential duties for this position. The Company retains the right change, add to, or eliminate duties and/or positions in order to meet business requirements. The Company will make reasonable accommodations for an applicant or employee who has a disability defined under the provisions of the ADA or other applicable legislation.