Prepares and maintains GL monthly journal entries with sufficient support documentations providing a clear audit trail
• Responsible for the timely preparation, review and accuracy of full US GAAP & Local GAAP balance sheet and profit & loss accounts.
• Prepare/review monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with company Policies for areas of responsibility.
• Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed on a monthly basis
• Manage the closing checklist for specific legal entities
• Responsible for the preparation of local Statutory Accounts
• Prepares the reconciliation of US GAAP to local GAAP on the regular basis (if applicable)
• Evaluate current processes and internal controls; make and implement recommendations for improvement
• Taking the initiative to prepare actions plans / documenting issues of concern for areas of responsibility and working collaboratively with management to bring them to conclusion.
• Seek out & implement opportunities for streamlining, simplifying and ensuring processes are working efficiently.
• Coordinate with the cross-functional team to complete the monthly intercompany account reconciliations and revaluations; maintains intercompany accruals when needed (if applicable)
• Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities with the business units and the cross-functional teams
• Build a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
• Meet individual objectives and contribute to the achievement of the teams overall objectives
• Actively support company initiatives
• Prepares the quarterly balance sheet review presentations for specific legal entities and presents them to senior management
• Liaises with Auditors at year end and prepares the quarterly and year end audit files
• Compliance with key SOX controls and testing and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)• Ability to manage a complete audit requirement listing for US GAAP & Local ledger(s) of responsibility, ensuring all items on the listing are prepared on time & to the required standard for the purposes of the external audit. Escalating for support as required
- 6+ years experience in Accounting (in Multinational Companies or Big 4)
- 2 + years experience leading teams.
- Public Accountant
- Expert in ERP, Excel and Office
- IFRS / USGAAP /Normas SOX / RTs