Intern - Manufacturing Engineer - Summer 2020
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Production Engineering Intern will help expand the sale and rental of Godwin Dri-Prime® equipment by assisting with technical pump design drawings for the manufacture of portable diesel and electrically driven pump packages. The intern will assist the Production Engineering Team with updating 3D models and 2D drawings with the needed detail to support the assembly process of our pumps. The intern will support the Engineering team with completion of ECRs (engineering change request) and accuracy of BOMs (bill of materials).
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support entering ECRs into our PLM(product lifecycle management) system
- Complete ECAs(engineering change action) to close out ECRs that are open
- Review assembly processes on the production floor to help document tribal knowledge in our engineered drawings
- Assist working with vendors to bring in 3D models of the parts and assemblies we procure from them
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Currently enrolled Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of assembly processes: soldering (including solder joint characteristics), conformal coating, adhesive bonding, welding, and precision mechanical assembly
- MS Office software applications
- Strong analytical, technical, problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated; able to demonstrate initiative and operate independently
- Desire and ability to learn new tools and design techniques
- Display organizational and leadership skills in a project team environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.