Talent Acquisition Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist (contract position) to join our Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence team. In this role you will be involved in full life cycle recruiting including sourcing, interviewing and offer extension. The right person will be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, loves providing people solutions and can thrive in a growing, and fast-changing environment. The location will be flexible as long as near one of Xylem's corporate offices in Sweden (Emmaboda/Sundbyberg) as well as home-based. This will be a one year fixed term contract.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for a variety of roles
- Partnering with business leaders, hiring managers, human resources and sourcing, to assess talent requirements and advise on the best hiring strategy
- Educate, excite and sell candidates on both the opportunity and why Xylem should be the employer of choice
- Assist with Xylem’s employer branding strategy to attract high-quality applicants
- Identify, engage, screen and interview qualified candidates
- Apply creative sourcing tactics and look for new ways to network with top talent
- Identifying and assessing a diverse candidate pool; managing candidates through the end to end recruiting process; providing regular updates to hiring managers; partnering with compensation, HR
- Keep candidates continually informed with quality communications throughout the hiring process
- Independently develop and maintain candidate flow, supporting a variety of job functions (engineering, supply chain, business, marketing, project management)
- Source candidates through a variety of search resources (social media, internal database, job boards, networking, internet searches, company targets, referrals, etc.)
- Conduct detailed, thorough candidate interviews and present qualified candidates to the Hiring Manager for further consideration
- Recommend, extend, and close offers
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5+ years of corporate recruiting experience
- Ideally experience of hiring high volume blue collar workers and white collar workers on multiple sites
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Fluency in Swedish/Norwegian and English required; fluency in other European language would be a plus
- Knowledge of country specific employment law and hiring practices
- Basic Knowledge of GDPR guidelines and navigating/working within them.
- Excellent relationship management experience with hiring managers and business stakeholders, helping them navigate the sources of talent and assisting them with assessment
- Strong interviewing skills and familiarity with various interview techniques (like video or panel interviews)
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Experience with social media recruiting
- Understanding of HR practices and labor legislation
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Experience with an applicant tracking system, preferably Jobvite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively, while maintaining attention to detail
- Confident at quickly adapting to a changing work environment and priorities