HR/Payroll Administrative Coordinator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a HR/Payroll Administrative Coordinator. The HR/Payroll Administrative Coordinator is responsible for all transactional input, reporting and systems related tactical support for employees and the Human Resources function. This position responds to employee inquiries and requests, identifies issues and escalates as needed. In addition, this position is responsible for performing the duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision and instruction at a high degree of accuracy with superior customer service.
- Completes Human Resources transactional functions for employees in regards to pre-employment, on-boarding, terminations, promotions, transfers, and others, utilizing various systems and according to established process and Identify incorrect data and work to resolve.
- Respond to employee questions received through inbound calls, visits or emails; refer to provider and/or research questions and follow-up with the requestor as appropriate using procedures, policies, knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering inquiries
- Escalate employee inquiries or systems issues to appropriate external or internal subject matter experts when specific in-depth functional knowledge
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, contractors, and vendor
- Reviews all new hire orientation information and assures all employee information is entered into the payroll system accurately and all new hire forms submitted within timeframe required. Maintains records as needed associated with hiring and the orientation process.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefits plans by responding to employees inquires in a timely manner.
- Maintains system electronically and creates & maintains required paper and electronic documentation for inclusion in employee files.
- Benefit Programs - Process requests for payments/awards for programs such as, recognition and tuition assistance. Ensure all requests have the required level of approvals and resolve issues where needed.
- Provide administrative support for the following (May be Business Unit Specific):
- Process all prevailing wage transactions.
- Provides documentation to support audit requests
- Submits IT requests as needed
- Handles special projects/assignments as needed -i.e. Watermark Events, Town Hall Meetings, etc...
- Bachelor's degree. New graduate with an internship in HR will be considered.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Products
- Advanced computer and data management skills
- Proficient with Human Resources Information Systems
- Familiarity with company Human Resources policies and procedures
- Must be able to multi-task in a high demand environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Workday HRIS is strongly preferred
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.