EHS & Continuous Improvement Coordinator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: SonTek, A Xylem Brand, seeks to hire an EHS/Continuous Improvement Coordinator to be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information regarding Continuous Improvement and site safety. As site Continuous Improvement leader, this person will identify opportunities for CI and process improvement, and assist the Manufacturing Engineering team in meeting monthly metrics. As the site contact for safety needs, this person will implement, coordinate and document site safety programs in coordination with corporate-management and the onsite safety committee. Facilities will also fall under this position’s responsibilities, including coordination of all requests for building maintenance, cleaning services, and facilities issues including the company boat. The Continuous Improvement and Safety (EHS) Coordinator maintains best safety/CI practices, and maintenance of the facility in accordance with all pertinent regulatory requirements, including proper waste disposal.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of CI improvement plans consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Mine and analyze data to support the project selection process.
- Provide CI training and develop training-related materials.
- Follow-up and audit project progress to ensure results are achieved and sustained.
- Resolve implementation issues, creating and managing implementation communication processes, and ensuring consistency of implemented processes and programs throughout manufacturing operations.
- Generate correspondence, host conference calls, meetings and events to launch projects, and support initiatives.
- Routinely engage and support leaders and task force groups to guide and/or manage improvement efforts
- Lead, assistant and develop deliverables such as standard work to sustain improvement efforts.
- Using various project management tools and systems, prepare detailed plans, drive project performance and assure timely completion of goals and objectives.
Environmental Health & Safety
- Act as a BCP (Business Continuity Process) Coordinator for the Site.
- Prevent, investigate, and resolve complex EHS issues and concerns.
- Develop and implement site and job specific EHS training.
- Manage regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct risk reviews, compliance audits and internal assessments
- Work with senior and site management to develop and implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety & reduce organization risks.
- Monitor and report sustainability metrics; publish annual sustainability report.
- Support efforts to manage work-related injury and illness costs (coordinate with Worker’s Compensation and other applicable agencies).
- Manage environmental management system procedures, audits, and improvements.
- Support insurer loss prevention activities and corrective actions.
- Presides at regular safety committee meetings.
- Prepares the required internal safety forms for accidents and incidents occurring to employees.
- Assists the safety committee with reviews and recommendations for continued training and education of employees in safe and efficient work methods.
- Conducts department safety inspection on a regular basis, using the preprinted checklist as a guide.
- Before each safety committee meeting, reviews minutes and gives progress report on each item for the meeting.
- Maintains Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for all chemicals in the facilities
- Maintains and updates (with appropriate approvals) all documentation related to the Company’s Safety Policies and Hazard Communication Program.
- Coordinates all required safety training for employees and for contractors, vendors, and others visiting the company.
- Receives incoming requests for maintenance services on a priority basis and completes tasks.
- Schedules and organizes maintenance services requiring performance by other trades persons.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on buildings, and safety and service equipment.
- Insures that all safety equipment (fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, etc.) are kept updated, meeting current building codes and in proper working order.
- Coordinates and performs the setup of offices, office furniture, partitions, and/or shelving as required.
- Ensures that janitorial and general building and maintenance supplies are purchased, as needed, by initiating the appropriate purchase order.
- Ensures that waste disposal, including hazardous-waste disposal, is handed in accordance with all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Maintains records on company vehicles (truck and boat) and insures proper maintenance is performed.
- Maintains records on equipment and facilities to insure proper preventative maintenance is performed.
- Maintains records on equipment and facilities of maintenance performed by other qualified trades persons.
- Maintains owner’s manuals, warranties, and maintenance agreements on all mechanical, electrical, and HVAC equipment.
- Manage cleanliness of common areas such as Cafeteria and order supplies as needed
- Provide Administrative support for company activities and administrative functions
- Manage Janitorial and Cleaning Services.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business, Engineering, Operations, Quality or/and Environmental Health Engineering
- 2+ years of Continuous Improvement, EHS and/or related, relevant experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.