1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Assistant Controller who will be responsible for financial analysis and management necessary for the North American business. The role will also actively partner with the Controller and Senior Operations Management to provide finance support to business challenges.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage all monthly closing duties of direct reports to ensure financial statements are accurate and complete in accordance to US GAAP
- Monitor and review all balance sheet account reconciliations
- Ensure all operations are performing to budget and forecast standards and provide explanations to all variances to expectations
- Provide oversight and management of weekly status meetings of operations labor and overhead spending to track efficiencies and variance to budget and forecast
- Drive business and financial insights into the senior operations management team through data and analytics
- Monitor all inventory levels and ensure that inventory is aligned to budget and forecast expectations
- Complete and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages for senior management
- Other ad-hoc duties and analyses as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent Experience. MBA/CPA a plus
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Accounting or Finance. Manufacturing cost accounting experience is required
- Thorough understanding of standards under U.S. GAAP
- Demonstrated ability of leading multiple cross-functional projects
- Proficiency using Excel to summarize and analyze data including use of pivot tables
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Position requires high attention to detail and a desire for continuous improvement
- Individual will be self-motivated and has experience working with multiple teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.