1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Receptionist
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To utilise his/her interpersonal and administration skills and knowledge in order to control the day-to-day administration and procurement process. This role is not limited to receptionist duties, but include more support for procurement, finance and human resources. The incubent should bear in mind that he/she will be the channell/link between the branch and head office.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- Deal with queries from the public and customers
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- Prepare correspondence and documents.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Schedule appointments, maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically.
- Organize conference and meeting room bookings.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment.
- Maintain the tidiness of the reception area.
- Assist in general administration duties.
- Supervise the service company.
- Arrange for customer visits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 3-5 years receptionist experience.
- Minimum 3- 5 years office administration experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Proficient in English and French an advantage
- Good people skills.
- Self-driven, meticulous and motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- Accurate data capturing
- Good communication skills.