1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Gathering, reviewing and inputting real estate and equipment lease data into our lease accounting and management software application, as well as extracting data from the system used to perform month-end journal entry processing, balance sheet reconciliations and other reviews of financial data.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with regional finance teams globally to obtain real estate and equipment lease contracts and supporting documents
- Critically review lease contracts to identify provisions with accounting impact
- Analyze lease contracts and cross reference to supporting documentation for consistency and accuracy of documentation
- Work with regional finance teams to timely and proactively resolve data integrity issues
- Enter new real estate and equipment leases and process updates for existing leases in the lease accounting and management software (CoStar)
- Prepare and analyze monthly lease validation and accounting reconciliation reports for distribution to regional finance teams
- Maintain and create new Excel macros used to generate monthly journal entries and standard reports
- Review data submissions from regional finance teams for completeness and accuracy and process updates in CoStar
- Generate and review monthly lease accounting entries for distribution to local accounting teams
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly/annual lease disclosure reports
- Assist in investigating and resolving lease accounting and reporting issues
- Maintain a monthly dashboard to monitor the status of regional/local team responses to various requests
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed to support routine reviews, accounting and financial reporting needs
- Work with the CoStar customer service team to resolve system issues as needed
- Assist with creating and maintaining procedural documentation and training materials
- Apply continuous improvement mindset and recommend process improvements
- Perform special projects and analyses as assigned by the Controller, Corporate and Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business related field
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), lease accounting standards and internal control requirements required
- Computer skills necessary, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Powerpoint), in particular strong skills in Excel with macros.
- Knowledge of OneStream, Oracle and CoStar a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours (overtime required as needed, at a minimum during quarterly close cycles)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.