1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: A2C Accountant - The O2C Accountant plays a critical role in the day to day activities of the Cash Collection. This individual reports to the Chief Accountant and will work closely with finance team members. The role requires a self-driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of the Region O2C process.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage collection activities and implementation of action plans where needed to lower customers Account Receivable balances
- Daily application of Cash receipt to the respective customer Account
- Work Closely with Credit Analyst/Sales Team for right allocation of Cash receipt to the customer Account
- Partner with other O2C functions (i.e. cash applications, and customer master data) and or local business unit’s leaders (i.e. customer service, order management and or sales) and or with customer as needed to resolve issues.
- Apply the Group Credit Policy and support the standardization of financial processes across the company
- Support audit requests and month end close activities as needed
- Gather feedback from relevant stakeholders and make recommendations for technological and process improvement
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. back-up other team members as needed, etc.)
- Work closely with the local business to understand issues and feedback into process improvement recommendations
- Responsible for analysis of the Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) account, working with Xylem’s third party financial shared service partner to investigate and clear aged items.
- Compliance with SOX procedure documentation and controls, with minimum audit findings
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Bachelor/Master Degree with Sharp Accounting Skill
3-5 years of relevant work experience in mid-size organization handling AR Function
Fluent in English
Good knowledge in MS-Excel, writing emails in corporate environment