Tool & Die Maker - Machinist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a CNC Machinist who will be responsible to setup and operate various pieces of CNC equipment, make adjustments and minor edits of programs as needed and maintain tooling to ensure exceptional quality and production. Additional on-the-job training will be provided.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Fit and Assemble parts to make, repair and modify dies, jigs, gauges and tools.
- Select metals, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces.
- Design jigs, fixtures and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts.
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications
- Setup and operate various pieces of CNC equipment
- Make adjustments and minor edits of programs as needed
- Maintain tooling to ensure exceptional quality and production
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, micrometers, calipers and other pieces of measuring equipment when needed
- Skills in manual mills, lathes, and drill presses are a plus
- Must be available to work any shift
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing environment
- 40 plus hours per week, mandatory overtime as required
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.