Financial Reporting Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand,seeks to hire a Financial Reporting Manager to join the accounting team. This position will be responsible for managing the financial close and reporting process. This role will collaborate with the accounting and finance teams to ensure effective financial reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting including monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated segment financial statements and supplemental schedules.
- Responsible for managing monthly close of the largest segment vertical
- Continual effort to streamline the financial close and reporting process, with a focus on shifting the effort from journal entry and financial statement preparation to analysis and review.
- Coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial close and reporting processes.
- Collaborate with the business systems team, including configuration of financial reporting tool.
- Research evaluate and document technical accounting conclusions and reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, adoption of new standards, as well as general corporate accounting matters.
- Key role during the annual audit with external and internal auditors
- Perform other duties and tasks as required; assist with various special projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS degree in Accounting or equivalent; public accounting experience a plus.
- Current Certified Public Accountant .
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- OneStream experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and high proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data for financial analysis.
- Strong system and data flow knowledge.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills required.
- Consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Well-developed time management skills.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.