IT Vendor Relationship Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Role: The IT Vendor Relationship Specialist is responsible for assisting with the strategic development and execution of all initiatives across specifically assigned IT categories and services. This position will leverage governance, process, tools, analytics and relationships to maximize the opportunities and IT budget across the vendor landscape and solutions systems that make up the “One Xylem” ecosystem. The VRM will coordinate the needs of IT solutions by fostering relationships with key procurement /Legal/IT stakeholder(s) to establish and review Statements of Work and contract life cycles which includes: changes, modifications, Service Level Agreements (SLA), enforcement of performance clauses, including incentives and remedies.
- Primary partner to work alongside functional IT teams and Procurement colleagues in order to assist with developing statements of work (SOWs), requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotations (RFQs) and requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Utilize risk management practices to mitigate contractual risk present in many vendor agreements.
- Ensure that vendors are either meeting or exceeding their contractual obligations by delivering quality solutions/services on time. Report on Performance Metrics, Scorecards, Annual Reviews and/or Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Assist with the adherence to VRM Director identified objectives, procedures, templates and workflow processes for vendor contracts and deliverable schedules. Utilize the enterprise contract management database that contains all executed contracts, as well as contracts that are under development but are not yet active. Track obligations, deliverables and contract change notes. Manage and control access to documents as appropriate.
- Collaborate with ITSM lead on all IT asset management requirements. Participate in assigned efforts concerning software license procurement, management, and termination or vendor audits within assigned IT Categories.
- Adhere to the Contract Playbooks as defined by the Xylem Legal department to develop, refine and incorporate the appropriate operational legal protections in contracts, as warranted.
- Oversee daily operational requirements at a vendor level which could include but is not limited to: invoice payments, goods receipt and timely contract renewals. .
- Ability to learn Xylem tools, eventually becoming proficient enough to train others (Catalyst, GEP SMART, Oracle GBS, Sharepoint)
- Coordinate commercial and financial arrangements with vendors to include billing, invoicing, performance incentives, and internal chargebacks, where appropriate and in conjunction with the policy and procedures established by enterprise finance
- Work with vendors and key stakeholders to establish clear contract change control processes.
- Develop strong relationships and a high level of trust with IT management, business owners and IT procurement. Support enterprise objectives, influence key stakeholders, and jointly develop strategic sourcing strategies.
- Ensure that proper governance is applied and adhered to by IT team members and cross functional team efforts; particularly during the development of either a process change or solution change that requires a purchase or upgrade of externally provided services from vendors.
- Act as the interface between vendors and internal Xylem stakeholders. Clearly establishing and limiting points of contact for vendors, and reinforce delegation of authority parameters for decision making.
- Conduct periodic vendor reviews/evaluations/audits that consider various performance levels as well as the provider relationship.
- Manage as the internal escalation point focal, any internal contract-related complaints or disagreements from the IT Leadership or other internal stakeholders.
- Understand relevant market trends and vendors as they apply to Xylem’s IT roadmap and existing supply base. Track, gather and analyze market and industry data.
- Communicate fundamental changes in Xylems’ IT roadmap that may impact existing vendors, solution timelines and overall vendor performance.
- Effectively communicate a clear and concise overview of vendors (summary of key contract terms, risks, opportunities and service delivery guidelines) to key stakeholders, and provide clarity on contract elements when required.(Example – Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Act as primary liaison with IT Procurement to ensure pricing is competitive for IT vendors
- Analytical decision making
- Influential communication
- Business focused delivery
- Inspiring accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Breaking Down Complexities
- Planning & prioritizing work
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Project management
- Strong presentation skills
- External: Vendors and Suppliers, Legal Counsel, Consultants
- Internal: , IT Leadership, Finance, Procurement, Legal, Audit, Tax and Treasury,
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degree in Business Administration, Supplier Management, or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT Vendor Management, Supplier Relationship Management, IT Operations and/or IT Strategic Sourcing.
- 2+ years’ experience managing IT projects in a complex environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational change management desired, but not required
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, demonstrating strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Comfortable with participating and possibly leading complex negotiations
- Commercial acumen to understand the deal; financial and budgeting skills
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and culture
- Comfortable with ambiguity and solving multiple complex problems
- Ability to work with offshore and international teams, understanding cultural differences and promoting ‘one-team’ culture
- Effective strategy development and execution experience.
- Understanding of benchmarking and performance management processes and techniques.
- Possess customer service mindset.
- Ability to deal with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide technology services and goods.
- Ability to consistently meet assigned objectives, support team metrics, monitor progress and convey results against these measures.
- Prioritization; quickly creates focus on the most important issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, issue resolution, negotiation, and customer relationship management.
- Experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under time constraints.
- Proven ability to influence change with a focus on service delivery and financial results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas, and recommendations in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- Experience managing contracts in an organization with a wide array of stakeholders across multiple competencies.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of and practical experience with process disciplines including: incident management, problem management, and service level management
- Experience with vendor management life cycle activities.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted via a remote environment.
- Position can be remote based in the following locations:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)