Cost Accounting Manager (remote)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Leading cost accounting and related processes for the $1.7B Americas Commercial Team businesses. Duties include but are not limited to the leading annual standard cost updates, coordinating physical inventories and fixed asset counts, drive continuous improvement activities for inventory/costing processes and assist in month-end close process.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare and approve journal entries related to inventory valuation and cost accounting accounts
- Prepare and approved various financial reporting deliverables
- Partner with manufacturing leaders (operations and finance) to ensure that business is aware of inventory and cost accounting matters and the potential impacts on the units’ financial results
- Drive standardized costing function for all manufacturing locations to ensure accurate product costs and inventory balances
- Ensure accounts related balance sheet accounts are reconciled per requirements (timeliness, frequency, quality)
- Support the site location on revenue recognition (i.e. cutoff testing, etc.)
- Design and effective execution of SOX controls (i.e. revenue recognition, inventory, general ledger controls, etc.)
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve accounting and operational processes
- Prepare and submit tax packages
- Coordinate with internal & external audit for accounting and control items
- Design and maintain effective internal control environment to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations. Supports internal and external audit requests
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting policies and procedures as required. Submission of appropriate reports as required.
- Liaise with and support Finance, HR, IT and other functions within the region with SOX issues.
- To support colleagues in the Company, in particular across Regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company’s goals are achieved.
- Provide cover where required during any period of absence.
- Comply fully with Xylem’s ethics and standard policies.
- Responsible for the achievement of annual PFP goals. Must work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for talent development for direct reports High level financial responsibility for the Region High potential risk for damages or losses
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 10 years of business experience.
- CPA, CMA or CIA is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost accounting items (i.e. bill of materials, costing systems and methodologies)
- Experience in publicly traded multi-site environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion or OneStream, Oracle)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk & reach with hands & arms; use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment (office environment).
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (up to 25%)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 + overtime as needed.
- This position is remote and can be performed in EST or CST.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.