1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: We are seeking an Event Manager with a balanced approach toward event strategy as well as event logistics and execution. You will work with key stakeholders in Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and other teams across the organization to run event related marketing programs. You’re a deft project manager, keeping everything on track – pre-, during and post-event. The successful candidate is goal-oriented, bringing a track record of managing and producing memorable events, tradeshows and user conferences that meet and exceed key objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop the overarching event strategy, plan, and execution of events in support of prioritized marketing/business goals.
- Support all event planning logistics, including sponsorships, technology needs, meeting space, food & beverage planning, signage, accommodations, templates, property sourcing, selection and contract negotiations, vendor and customer relations, accounts payable, transportation and event survey development/deployment.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to lead the planning meetings/calls & deliverable updates.
- Manage budget reporting, including budget tracking, invoices, reconciliation of programs, and expense reports.
- Share event details to internal and external customer base via excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Track all event activities through hosting regular call cadence, project management tools, providing regular updates to marketing teams.
- Identify ROI and provide regular reporting/results with stakeholders, including best practices for future participation.
- Manage and be held accountable for contractors, vendors, contracts, production schedules, and budgets.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5-7 years Marketing/Event Planning experience
- Exceptional project/budget management skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders within a matrixed organization through relationship building
- Consultative approach (research event trends and make informed recommendations to stakeholders)
- Passion for executing high quality programs
- Experience designing and producing virtual or hybrid customer experiences preferred (i.e., virtual events, webinars, virtual booth spaces, etc.)
- Strong organizational experience and attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to balance multiple events simultaneously
- Agile, self-starter who can work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written)
- Cvent experience a must
- Ability to travel up to 40%
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office or lab setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)