Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: SonTek, a Xylem brand, is seeking to hire a Manufacturing Electrical Engineer (MEE) to create test fixture and software to test all of Sontek’s PCA and Systems. The position will also control and operate all test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes to conduct electronic testing. In addition, this position is also responsible for supporting the Production team and Vendor in carrying out tests on PCB or sonar instrumentation used in the measurement of water velocities. The successful candidate must have the ability to understand instrumentation manuals and apply the knowledge to specific testing applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist Production and Vendor in carrying out tests to approve new electronic components.
- Develop fixtures, test software, and test procedures for PCA and System testing.
- Evaluate new electronic components by reading and analyzing datasheet specifications.
- Become familiar with RoHS compliance to help bring existing products up to standard.
- Update Engineering changes in company ERP system.
- Analyze data and prepare reports from field and lab testing.
- Perform basic modifications on electronic circuit boards
- Ability to understand and interpret electronic schematics and related documentation.
- Possess strong analytical skills to troubleshoot instrumentation.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS Degree in Electronics (EE), Computer Engineering(CE), Computer Science (CS) or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Labview, Matlab and SQL database.
- Understanding of electronic circuits and how to troubleshoot failures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to use electronic instrumentation for testing and troubleshooting.
- Able to create a test plan, test software for PCA and System level.
- Must be a self-starter and pro-active in approach
- Able to carry out tasks independently while also working collaboratively within a team environment.
- Able to create or modify PCB
- Demonstrated technical writing skills necessary to create work procedures for non-technical personnel
- Prior working experience with Oracle ERP
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Field: Must be able to work on a small boat on occasion with testing of sonar instrumentation.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.