Manufacturing Planning Program Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position is responsible for leading internal xylem network transformation efforts via best practices in program management, Operational Excellence and Business Intelligence as well as support building and driving a culture of continuous improvement. Primary duties include, working with site leadership to collect and analyze data, create standard metrics for comparisons, analyze, prepare, prioritize and recommend strategy in support of network optimization. The role assures resources are allocated effectively for projects approved by the executive leadership team, or projects identified that align with the company’s strategic objectives. Key measureable performance metrics impacted through the network transformation are reductions to manufacturing overhead structure, reductions of overall manufacturing conversion cost, lead-time reduction, simplification of supply chain logistics, localization of final assembly, reduction in working capital and improved customer experience.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Utilizes and champions best practice tools and methodologies in Operational Excellence, Industry 4.0, business transformation, project/program management, make vs. buy analysis and Lean Six Sigma – trains and mentor’s others.
- Leads project teams as needed.
- Employs change management techniques to guide and support the organization and departments through business and operational transitions.
- Responsible for developing the project plan, project schedule, project budget, communication plan, project review meetings, capturing/defining project requirements, track deliverables/deadlines, training development and delivery, change management, risk assessment, status updates and delivery per milestone schedule within budget constraints, preparation of program management report outs/score cards.
- Development of key change programs in partnership with senior business leaders. Develops key hypothesis and supervises project team in conducting interviews, gathering data, defining and executing required analyses, identifying issues and problems and recommending approach to address them.
- Coordinate/facilitate/support all aspects of project management in regards to key organizational, process and technology change initiatives/projects to align with business objectives.
- Develop & track project metrics development.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, develop action plan and implement to continually improve business practices, policies and procedures.
- Lead large cross-functional change programs and provides subject matter expertise and industry best practices related to business transformations, engagement model, and functional area(s).
- Gather requirements, define and document business processes/ procedures and standardized documentation templates.
- Resolves conflicts by making decisions, or negotiating with key stakeholders, including executive management.
- Develops internal systems and measures to ensure effective, efficient, and compliant operations.
- Applies quantitative and qualitative methods to measure the effectiveness of Change Management initiatives; adapts the tools and methodologies to enhance success; and reports the results to management
- Engages and influences business stakeholders and process owners in change management strategy development and execution.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, with an MBA preferred.
- Proficiency in project management, change management and/or process improvement is
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary, cross-functional projects to drive business process change affecting multiple business units.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- 5+ years’ experience with project management in a matrixed environment.
- Financial Analytics/Business Intelligence Experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt) preferred.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills at senior levels, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to help management achieve strategic and operational goals.
- Proficient understanding of a profit and loss statement and balance sheet.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Minimum of 5 plus years related experience working in a PMO setting required
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven experience of managing projects, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran