Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.9 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Overview of Growth Center, if applicable – example below:
India Technology Center (ITC) helps Growth centers of Xylem such as AWS, Transport, Dewatering, Treatment and Analytics and also to in wide range of activities that include Product & Application support, New Product Development, Value Engineering, Sustain Engineering and Software development. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets – examples below):
ITC Vadodara campus, seeks to hire an Engineer/ Sr. Engineer. In this position, you will provide a high level of technical advice and guidance to commercial team for their technical queries from around the world. Engineer have to work from India technology Centre and need to coordinate with product owners, product managers and various engineering departments in Sweden ensure timely response of commercial team queries.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To manage requests from commercial team for their technical queries regarding Waste water products.
- Produce accurate estimates or written replies to our global CT team right first time for all work requests.
- Manage own individual work queues effectively, ensuring that all commitments are met through own effective time management
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 0 to 3 years overall experience in pump industry in technical / Applications Engineering field.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Effective communication skills (Specially written) and the ability to liaise with internal and external customers
- It is essential that you have rigorous attention to detail to ensure 'right first-time performance', whilst demonstrating the ability to manage your own workloads within a team environment within stringent timescales.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships with colleagues and customers
- An understanding of water & waste water technologies and their application.
- You will have a positive attitude, be a team player and display role model behavior.
- Able to work independently.
- Co-ordination between Inter-company & Intra-Company people for execution.
- Should be ready to travel and also do short term stays of 1 week to 3 months, both within the country and also globally. However, in special project/bubble assignment, the travel span can go from 3 months to 1 year.
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other departments, developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones, supporting our mission to become the world leader in providing cutting edge products / solutions that solve some of the most challenging needs in market place. We will focus on your personal development and prepare you on your present and future career path.