Service Center Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Godwin, a Xylem brand, offers a broad product line of fully automatic self-priming pumps used in temporary and permanent applications. With a full range of diesel and electric pumps available to purchase or rent, Godwin pumps are used for dewatering and liquids transfer in mining, constructions, municipal and industrial projects around the world.
The Role: Godwin, a Xylem brand, is looking to hire a Branch Manager. The Xylem Branch Manager is responsible for achieving and maintaining profitability of a Xylem service center through the management of daily operations and the delivery of exceptional customer service. The Branch Manager will ensure the highest standards in the attraction, recruitment and development of a world class team of service and operations professionals. The Branch Manager will be an integral part of a global organization with a brand recognition that represents the highest quality standards and overall customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, schedule and control rental and sales activities to achieve the budgeted sales margins, income and expense goals.
- Manage labor, maintenance and repair costs while maintaining product quality
- Maintain and develop flexible, efficient and effective work flows and systems to reach financial and operational excellence. Contribute to the development and deployment of systemic improvements to enhance the safety, quality, capacity and capability of business processes within the branch. Execute continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate equipment requirements to maintain an inventory adequate for efficient operation, excellent customer service and maximum utilization. Routinely assess the need for rental equipment through feedback from sales personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Develop strategy for increasing capacity within service center to support service and repair on multiple Xylem product lines.
- Ensure compliance of local, state and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA and EEOC). Satisfy customer, corporate and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Continuously coach and develop the skills and knowledge of all employees and model Xylem’s Core Values of; Respect, Responsibility, Integrity and Creativity.
- Promote and encourage a culture of teamwork employing best practices that benefits all employees.
- Assess each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated expectations and hold employees accountable for performance.
- Ensure the maintenance of a hazard-free work environment and safe operating. Serve as a role model and set a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and human resource management.
- Budget (Operating Income, Working Capital, Revenue)
- Inventory Management (Service Levels, Turns, Excess & Obsolete)
- Rental (Turn Around Time, Asset Availability/Unavailability Percentage, Fleet Efficiency)
- Safety Score Card
- Customer Service Score Card (Billable Hours, On-Time Delivery)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
- General knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a facility.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulics; pneumatics; water flow; diesel, gas and electric motors preferred.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Demonstrated technical and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Completion of BA or BS in business, technology, operations management or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of five years of industrial and/or relatable leadership experience, within a complex industrial or operations environment.
- Previous business management experience, including direct P&L responsibility.
- Three to five years of experience in related field of pumps, pumping systems, equipment rental or construction preferred.
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, strengths in goal setting, delegation, coaching and motivating
- Management, organization and communication skills must be highly developed.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop/Job Site: Intermittent exposure to jobsite conditions and hazards; petrochemical, refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc. Intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.