1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This position must demonstrate leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution, and have the ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management. This position must also have superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
The successful candidate will have a project management background with a strong aptitude for project financials and preferably with knowledge of pipe design and hydraulics. Hydraulic engineering or condition assessment experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate will manage projects for various clients throughout Asia and the Asia Pacific Region.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Project Management– Define and implement project plans in accordance with the contract terms, client’s needs, and Assessment Services offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout. Provide hands-on project management and actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Risk Management – Identify project risks relating to all aspects of the project scope and develop mitigation and management strategies to achieve client satisfaction and project financial success.
- Financial Management – Work with the Project Accounting team and provide financial oversight of internal costs and subcontractors as required to deliver the project. Prepare and manage the project budget, and give oversight on revenue recognition, invoicing, cost forecasting and cost accruals over the life cycle of various projects.
- Project Quality Assurance– Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope.
- Resource Coordination and Management – Assemble project resources to meet project requirements. As required by the project scope, identify, qualify, and negotiate contracts with sub-consultants. Manage the project team against the project plan.
- Internal and External Reporting– Keep internal stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies. Ensure the client is informed of project and deliverable status as defined by the project scope or as appropriate to the project.
- Pipeline Condition Assessment– Experience in the condition assessment of water and/or wastewater pipelines is preferred. This experience may include desktop evaluations, sanitary sewer evaluation surveys, inline inspection technology selection and/or implementation, leak detection, corrosion surveys, water audits, as well as condition data analysis.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum Education Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil Preferred) from an ABET accredited program, or PMP certification.
- Experience:Minimum 5 years professional experience.
- Ability to manage key stakeholder interests, while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills - Interacts with staff, general public, clients, and contractors
- Proficiency in English with excellent technical report writing skills
- Strong project financial management acumen
- Engineering consulting, construction, and/or water/wastewater experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution
- Ability to directly manage staff in supporting positions in person or remotely
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work well as part of a team
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Understanding and limited functionality with ArcGIS software
- Experience in pipeline hydraulic evaluation and/or modeling is preferred
- Understanding of pipeline design, structural analysis, and/or construction management is preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Occasional travel (10% of time, occasionally up to 25%), possibly extended at times for field investigations, site visits, and client presentations.