Procurement Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Procurement Project Manager. The Procurement Project Manager, Water Infrastructure - Americas, is responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of the project management office (PMO) in the Americas that provides the oversight, tools and processes, cadence, metrics, KPI's, reports that indicate the health of projects, facilitation of project board review meetings, capability building, and escalation processes of procurement projects to ensure efficient, effective, and successful execution of the project plan. He/she will use GEP (Xylem eProcurement suite) as the primary data source for project identification and high level project tracking and will be expected to utilize professional project management tools/software and templates to train others in advanced project management techniques and act as the process expert. The Procurement Project Manager will act as the project manager, in partnership with the project owners and stakeholders, for procurement initiatives from (validated) idealization through realization, that have broad regional impact, and/or high spend/savings potential as well as risk mitigation as assigned by the WI leadership team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Project Management 70%
- Growth Center: Water Infrastructure
- Develop the cadence for regular project reviews of procurement projects
- Methodology to extract and identify the high impact procurement projects in GEP for monthly review.
- Development of the template and metrics used in the project status reviews with management
- Develop the countermeasure and escalation triggers when projects are not on plan
- Utilize and implement tools within GEP that enable system metrics on milestone performance for project owners. Coach and support users in the compliance of state of the art use of these system tools and requirements for project management implementation , provide regular management reports that indicate the health of procurement projects and project execution efficiency and effectiveness.
- Project Management Tool Set and Support (high level projects)
- Utilize project management tools to manage project details.
- For high impact procurement projects assigned by the leadership team, lead the creation of the project plan with project owners for all phases of the project.
- Collaborate with the category managers at initial project plan creation. Define the project plan with the CM's and stakeholders.
- Drive and manage the project execution as assigned to activity owners.
- Train and build capability of project management across the organization
- Implement effective progress meeting status updates, project tracking tool usage, action item registers, green/yellow/red flags on plan, action owner performance against baseline plan, countermeasure, risk mitigation, critical path analysis, slack management and escalation protocol when plans enter yellow and red status.
- Indicate dollar or business impact on project plan slips to help prioritize countermeasures.
- Sourcing Management 30%
- Engines – Across all Growth Centers
- Coordinates and executes overall strategies and operations for Godwin (Dewatering) purchasing of material and services related to Engines with focus on the most complex suppliers/categories. Annual spend for this category is app. $35m.
- Responsible for Engine WI Savings target
- Develops Sourcing strategies for assigned category globally.
- Develops, Coordinates, Executes and maintains category strategies, policies, and other Sourcing guidance with local procurement resources
- Develops Annual Sourcing Effectiveness Plans in alignment with guidance and group targets
- Conducts analysis, supplier qualification, RFx’s, negotiation, contracting, and contract approval within defined delegation of authority
- Coordinates with local Buyers to determine supplier performance as it impacts Sourcing strategies, contract management, and overall Sourcing supplier management
- Identifies internal customer requirements (e.g. engineering, manufacturing) and collaborates with internal customers to drive procurement value within the designated category
- Sourcing Management:
- Provide a supplier base able to meet Xylem technical needs
- Develop and maintain supplier base in order to secure deliveries and quality
- Develop and maintain the supplier base to secure Total Cost Effectiveness
- Provide a supplier base that fulfill Xylem requirements for Sustainability, Financial Status, Material usage, Environmental aspects etc.
- Project Management
- Ensure execution and progress on individual selected procurement projects
- Ensure capability building
- Metrics, cadence and driving project reviews
- Accountable for securing regular status follow up and supporting sites Brown Deer, Pewaukee, Zelionople in reaching savings targets.
- Actively communicate with site sourcing functions to secure the supplier base are able to support local manufacturing needs and/or new product development activities
- In a professional way represent Xylem to external suppliers
- Effectively communicate project schedule and agreed upon Xylem tasks; driving deliverables internally through leadership, progress reports, regular task owner inputs and holding them accountable to meet their deliverables.
- Facilitate development of project milestones with the supplier and supplier commitments. Highlight issues to CM's as appropriate if supplier is not executing to plan. Develop countermeasures.
- Drive and facilitate workshops and project reviews
- Actively search for new or more optimal manufacturing processes for assigned category to secure Cost effectiveness, Quality and Deliveries.
- Actively search information about financial status, legal irregularities, sustainability and other aspects for suppliers that might harm Xylem as a cooperation partner and customer.
Decision Making Authorities:
- Sign off on Engine Supplier Contracts as per delegation of authority
- Approve and review Supplier Action Plans
- Internal: Site Procurement organizations, R&D/Product Management and Engineers, XGP
- External: Suppliers
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field
- Strong negotiation techniques
- Knowledge/experience in Engine industry/markets/manufacturing and processes is preferred!
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of Procurement for the engineering industry
- Valid driver’s license, passport and police record check.
- Proven record in procurement project management and adept at running successful projects and training others in the use of these tools and skills
- Knowledgeable in Gantt charting, six sigma techniques
- Good knowledge of business and behaviors in different countries and cultures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in SharePoint is a plus
- Experience managing projects related to procurement and demonstrated skills, tool usage and senior management interface experience in presenting project plan updates in a concise manner.
- Familiarity/experience of Sourcing strategy, procurement, and sourcing process execution phases and gates
- Ability to professionally represent Xylem Europe GmbH, Xylem Global Procurement, and always act in accordance to Xylem Code of Conduct
- Capable of coordinating sourcing activities for several sites within Europe
- Facilitation skills (workshop and presentation skills, communication)
- Ability to focus on aligned targets and drive these throughout the organization
- Strong understanding of sourcing and supply chain business management procedures
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures. - Interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience
- Capable of working closely with internal stakeholder, especially Ops, R&D and Finance
- Ability to summarize projects into executive presentations and inspire project owners to see project management as a critical methodology for their success in running projects
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willing and flexible to accept new challenges
- Ability to travel up to 25%
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.