Procurement Project Manager WI Americas
Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Procurement Project Manager WI Americas is responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of the project management office (PMO) in the Americas that provides the oversight, tools and processes, cadence, metrics, KPI's, reports that indicate the health of projects, facilitation of project board review meetings, capability building, and escalation processes of procurement projects to ensure efficient, effective, and successful execution of the project plan. He/she will use GEP (Xylem eProcurement suite) as the primary data source for project identification and high level project tracking and will be expected to utilize professional project management tools/software and templates to train others in advanced project management techniques and act as the process expert. The Procurement Project Manager will act as the project manager, in partnership with the project owners and stakeholders, for procurement initiatives from (validated) ideation through realization, that have broad regional impact, and/or high spend/savings potential as well as risk mitigation as assigned by the WI leadership team.
The Procurement Project Manager WI Americas will take the lead in workshops with cross functional participants and onboard the organization. While taking the lead for a specific portfolio of VE projects/workshops the candidate will be part of an enthusiastic global project management team. This is a regional role and is not locked to a specific site only - Enthusiasm to travel and gain new local knowledge and experience is therefore required. This role is for a self-driven candidate with ambitions to be in the driver seat.
Project Management Office (PMO)
- Develop the cadence for regular project reviews of procurement projects
- Methodology to extract and identify the high impact procurement projects in GEP for monthly review.
- Development of the template and metrics used in the project status reviews with management
- Develop the countermeasure and escalation triggers when projects are not on plan
- Utilize and implement tools within GEP that enable system metrics on milestone performance for project owners. Coach and support users in the compliance of state of the art use of these system tools and requirements for project management implementation , provide regular management reports that indicate the health of procurement projects and project execution efficiency and effectiveness.
Project Management Tool Set and Support (high level projects)
- Utilize project management tools to manage project details.
- For high impact procurement projects assigned by the leadership team, lead the creation of the project plan with project owners for all phases of the project.
- Collaborate with the category managers at initial project plan creation. Define the project plan with the CM's and stakeholders.
- Drive and manage the project execution as assigned to activity owners.
Train and build capability of project management across the organization
- Implement effective progress meeting status updates, project tracking tool usage, action item registers, green/yellow/red flags on plan, action owner performance against baseline plan, countermeasure, risk mitigation, critical path analysis, slack management and escalation protocol when plans enter yellow and red status.
- Indicate dollar or business impact on project plan slips to help prioritize countermeasures.
Primary internal and external (outside Xylem) contacts with whom position interacts on a regular and recurring basis and purpose/nature of the contact
• Effectively communicate project schedule and agreed upon Xylem tasks; driving deliverables internally through leadership, progress reports, regular task owner inputs and holding them accountable to meet their deliverables.
• Facilitate development of project milestones with the supplier and supplier commitments. Highlight issues to CM's as appropriate if supplier is not executing to plan. Develop countermeasures.
Xylem Global Procurement:
• Work in partnership with the CM or task owners to assist in the development of a project plan using professional tools and processes. Train the project owner in managing the project himself/herself through software tool use and 'soft' tools in managing other stakeholders to their action items and commitments. Train XGP and project owners in efffective project management skills and recommended training.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Other Requirements
• Master Degree. Project management certification preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and tools; direct work experience in project management capacity of 3+ years and experience in leading a procurement project management office/system. Experience managing projects related to procurement and demonstrated skills, tool usage and senior management interface experience in presenting project plan updates in a concise manner. Familiarity/experience of category strategy, procurement, and sourcing process execution phases and gates. Supplier interface.
Management / Technical Skills
- Facilitation skills (workshop and presentation skills, communication)
- Ability to focus on cooperate targets and drive these throughout the organization.
- Good understanding of sourcing and supply chain business management procedures
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working in a team environment involving multiple cultures. - Interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience
- Proven record in procurement project management and adept at running successful projects and training others in the use of these tools and skills
- Capable of working closely with internal stakeholder, especially Ops, R&D and Finance.
- Knowledgeable in Gantt charting, six sigma techniques. .
- Ability to summarize projects into executive presentations and inspire project owners to see project management as a critical methodology for their success in running projects
- Ability to travel as required by the position.
- Self-driven and with target focus.
- Good knowledge of business and behaviors in different countries and cultures.
- Good knowledge of M-Office (excel and powerpoint)
- Experience in SharePoint is a plus.
- Shall in a professional way represent Xylem Europe GmbH and always act in accordance to Xylem Code of Conduct.
Travel required up to 30%.
Location: Zelienople, Pewaukee or Brown Deer