Senior Network Engineer - Operations
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Role: The Sr. Network Engineer (Operations) is responsible for the daily performance and availability of the Xylem global network. This role is to implement, troubleshoot and issue resolution of existing and future network infrastructures to deliver best-in-class network performance. The infrastructure includes network LAN/WAN (switches, routers), WLAN and VoIP. The successful candidate must be problem solver, self-starter, work with limited supervision, a team player and able to clearly communicate with other team members, management and user community and effectively work with external vendors and technology partners.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in proactive service management and incident response for elimination and mitigation of operational impact to customers.
- Provide a timely and professional response to customer communications, perform detailed problem diagnoses on faulty systems, ensure service restoration or alternate service configurations and resolve network or platform problems.
- Develop operational playbooks for supporting various network technologies.
- Perform proactive network analysis to ensure network integrity and performance are at an optimal state.
- Provide Performance Monitoring of services. Utilize internal and external management system tools to provide network and usage analysis by monitoring network devices.
- Focus on the day-to-day operational success of the Network Operation team.
- Provide expert root cause and corrective action to resolve all operational issues found across network infrastructure architectures and hardware platforms.
- Work closely with the Network Engineering team and ensure alignment of New Product Introduction (NPI), operational integration, and operational support strategy.
- Ensure the stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of issues. Ensure problems are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Perform operational tasks and provide Tier 1-3 support on technologies such as;
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst routing and switching platforms
- Cisco ASR and Viptela
- Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewall platforms
- Cisco Wireless Access Points and Controllers
- Perform network configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls,
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Associate or Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' relevant functional experience in network support role.
- CCNA or CCNP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with multivendor global enterprise environment.
- Experience in:
- Supporting large/medium scale global networks and documentation
- SDN and SD-WAN.
- Cisco switching and routing platforms such as Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Cisco ISR and ASR.
- OSI or TCP/IP model
- Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF).
- Technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, VoIP, SIP, VPLS, QoS, T1, DS3, Ethernet, Firewalls, SDN , SDA and Cisco DNA.
- Cisco network infrastructure
- Wireless protocols (802.11) and Cisco Wireless Controllers.
- Preferred experience in network load balancers such as Citrix NetScaler.
- Preferred experience in Network Security, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewall platforms.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies to communicate technical information and non-technical personnel.
- Remote position with a preference for East Coast or Central United States
Travel requirement: 5%-10%
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $110,000 to $125,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.