Director, Digital Experience
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director, Digital Experience – Web, who will be responsible for the long term planning and ongoing program ownership for our main online property, Xylem.com. In this role, you will engage with key stakeholders to set the strategy for our online web presence. You will work with business leaders, Performance Marketing, and the web operations team to create compelling, effective, and innovative online experiences that result in remarkable, impactful experiences for our customers and broad stakeholders. You will be responsible for managing, understanding, and driving success metrics (traffic, conversion, leads, revenue, customer satisfaction, and others) for Xylem.com. You will do this through a data-driven process (quantitative and qualitative) and by partnering with a cross-functional global team to execute. This scope will also include the management of Xylem’s mobile app presence, and the experience customers have in our mobile apps. This is a highly visible role that requires you to be resourceful, creative, and persistent.
You will report directly to the Vice President, Digital Marketing and can be based remotely or in one of our offices in Rye Brook, NY - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NC - Chicago, IL. **This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Run a process to engage cross-functional global teams to ensure that web marketing initiatives are implemented with an eye towards performance and conversion, while remaining true to Xylem’s brand promise. Understand and manage individual web commitments, including assessing how/why we are hitting or missing any deliverables on a quality or service level agreement basis.
- Lead the Xylem.com website redesign project, listening to our customers and stakeholders and incorporate new functionality, design and experiences on our main digital property, Xylem.com. Listen to the needs of other business leaders across the company and incorporate in the web redesign as we fold other Xylem websites into Xylem.com. Build a go forward governance model for the success of the new site.
- Utilize Google’s Marketing Platform products including: Analytics, Data Studio, Campaign Manager 360, Display & Video 360, Search Ads 360 and Tag Manager.
- Drive Xylem’s mobile app strategy, management and experiences our customers have using our apps.
- Strong understanding of SEO and how to take analysis and translate into changes on the web to optimize website performance and ranking.
- Experience working with project management and digital experience platforms such as Workfront, Basecamp and EPiServer.
- Ensure basic technical requirements and needs are being articulated for website ongoing updating, improvements and maintenance and assist with quality assurance to deliver consistent customer experience.
- Lead customer-based research requirements and other ways to engage and learn from our customers online.
- Help drive long-term web strategy by balancing data, technology, design, and content, in relation to customer and other stakeholder needs.
- Ability to work in a global, matrixed organization.
- Apply agile web design and ongoing optimization of the site leveraging experimentation and other agile principles.
- Demonstrate commitment to our values by participating in Watermark activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years' experience in B2B marketing with a deep understanding of web and mobile standards and optimization.
- Travel as needed (<20%).
- Mastery of Google’s Marketing Platform products including: Analytics, Data Studio, Campaign Manager 360, Display & Video 360, Search Ads 360 and Tag Manager.
- Accredited agile and web design/experience recognition
- Extensive knowledge of marketing principles and strategies.
- Strong knowledge of mobile apps, design principles, user experiences, etc. to build a strategy and execute across our global teams.
- Knowledge and strong abilities across digital skill sets including: graphic design, principles of web UX/UI, .net coding and data analytics.
- Proven ability to plan and implement marketing campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
- Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.