Especialista de Producto / Product Specialist (pumps)
Product Specialist (Pumps)
The Product Specialist is responsible for developing and executing the strategic and product roadmap to drive profitable growth for all the Xylem product portfolios included in your basket. The role will cover an extended region including the following countries: Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Central America, and the Caribbean.
The product portfolio includes a whole range of pumping products such as borehole pumps, centrifugal pumps, peripheric pumps, vertical turbines, submersible pumps, and many other products.
The role is an individual contributor based on supporting the sales team organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the complete product portfolio, life cycle, and product road maps for the assigned product lines.
- Achieve targeted growth and profitability for the product lines.
- Maximize the revenue and margin for the assigned product group.
- Provide product forecasts, as appropriate, to operations and commercial teams.
- Provide technical product support, application assistance, and product training to the sales team.
- Propose cost improvements and coordinate costing recommendations with Global Product Management Team.
- Conduct annual pricing and product rationalization activities.
- In charge of conducting the new product launches and product presentations to sales personnel and customers.
- Maintain and evaluate market research on competitors, markets and technology trends. Maintain current intelligence on assigned products.
- Support for product literature, case stories, promotional material, advertising and web-based efforts
- Support analysis of product problems & failures
- Communication & Collaboration with key stakeholders: Vertical Marketing leaders, Field Marketing, sales, application engineers to manage and support the right product portfolio for industry, water utilities, mining and commercial & residential markets.
- Sales Support: provide support on key/large projects by collaborating with sales/channel on project bid development, customer meetings, etc.