1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss. At Pure, our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for all areas of our business.
The Role: The primary responsibility of this position is to manage and meet internal and client expectations, delivering an on-time, on-budget project with high-quality deliverables. This position must demonstrate leadership qualities, including conflict resolution, and have the ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management. This position must also have superior problem solving and decision-making skills.
The successful candidate will have an engineering background, preferably with knowledge of pipe design and hydraulics. Structural engineering, hydraulic engineering, or condition assessment experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate leadership competence by performing condition assessment tasks and managing projects for various clients focusing on the West Region.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Project Management – Define and implement project plans in accordance with the contract terms, client’s needs, and Pure Technologies’ offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout. Provide hands-on project management and actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Resource Coordination and Management – Assemble project resources to meet project requirements. As required by the project scope, identify, qualify, and negotiate contracts with sub-consultants. Manage the project team against the project plan.
- Staff Management – Oversee a team of 3 -6 Engineers and Technicians during planning and execution of a project, bringing each project to a successful completion. The Project Manager should be able to successfully manage multiple consecutive projects of varying complexity.
- Client Management – Interact with key clients on a regular basis, with the intent of creating a trusted advisor relationship.
- Internal and External Reporting – Keep internal stakeholders informed of project activities and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies. Ensure the client is informed of project and deliverable status as defined by the project scope or as appropriate to the project.
- Project Quality Assurance – Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope.
- Pipeline Condition Assessment – Experience in the condition assessment of water and/or wastewater pipelines is preferred. This experience may include desktop evaluations, sanitary sewer evaluation surveys, inspection technology selection and/or implementation, leak detection, corrosion surveys, water audits, as well as condition data analysis
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil Preferred) from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with at least 1 year being in a project management role
- Candidate with Professional Engineering registration or capable of obtaining registration within 12 months highly preferred
- Ability to manage key stakeholder interests, while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work well as part of a team
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills - Interacts with staff, general public, clients, and contractors
- Proficiency in English with excellent technical report writing skills
- Engineering consulting, construction, and/or water/wastewater experience
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including conflict resolution
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Understanding and limited functionality with ArcGIS software
- Experience in pipeline hydraulic evaluation and/or modeling is preferred
- An understanding of pipeline design, structural analysis, and/or construction management is preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 20%, occasionally up to 40% in the South Central and Western U.S., possibly extended at times is required for field investigations, site visits, business development and client presentations ranging from proposals to final reports
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law