1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Firmware Engineer as part of the Distribution Automation (DA) HW/FW Team to design and develop FW for embedded IoT devices. Work typically involves many short-term projects with occasional long-term development efforts. Multi-tasking ability is essential. The successful candidate will exhibit a wide breadth of knowledge and experience in embedded software development.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Firmware design and development on new and existing IoT sensor acquisition boards.
- Work closely with EE, FW, SW, ME, and test engineers.
- Collaboration with local, national, and international design and test partners.
- Design, implement, and measure low power features.
- Design and implement various radio boards, including FlexNet, Cellular, and Satellite
- Develop a FW developer kit to help Xylem partners implement our foundational communication board.
- Assist in development of factory End of Line test.
- Assist Regulatory, Reliability, Environmental, and Safety teams
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software experience.
- Experience in embedded RTOS application development.
- Strong experience in C++ and debugging skills on an embedded platform.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using source code control.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams to create a fully functional system.
- Strong communication skills, flexibility and teamwork to contribute in a small team environment.
- Self-directed, driven, and able to multi-task.
Desired experience, but not required:
- Experience with machine to machine / Internet of Things applications.
- Knowledge of automated testing of embedded designs
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.