Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Senior CI Specialist is accountable to develop, implement and sustain process improvement initiatives utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to meet yearly financial goals and business objectives. These process improvement initiatives are driven throughout the organization and often extended to suppliers and customers. The expectation is to deliver long-term, breakthrough results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, Inventory and productivity.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Drive the development and implementation of continuous improvement projects consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and business operating plan.
- Assist in designing new procedures and methods for operational processes, by utilizing project charters with deliverables. Will work with site leaders to identify, modify, and sustain desired changes including reducing waste and improving inefficiencies.
- Support execution of the Xylem Production System tools and techniques
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement via idea generation. Lead projects and initiatives from idea generation to execution.
- Mentor employees to realize benefits from all continuous improvement initiatives and act as a change agent to the site/organization.
- Develop and conduct lean training based on the site lean training initiatives.
- Own Xylem Production System lean maturity element and improvement initiatives for the assigned sites. Partner with site leaders on strategy and deployment of maturity objectives.
- Facilitate multi-day kaizen events & workshops with cross-functional teams ranging from operations to executive leaders.
- Support training of Xylem Lean facilitation certifications (Train the Trainer)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma Tools; 5S, Standard Work, VSM, DOE, FMEA, etc.
- 1 -5 years of successful execution of continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- 1 -5 year of experience working in manufacturing or commercial/Industrial
- Hands on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of lean and / or six sigma tools and methodologies.
- Experience in facilitating kaizen workshops and training events.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience and acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Experience in reading and interpreting financial statements is a plus
- Ability to coach / mentor / inspire
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A typical candidate would be willing and eager to be promoted to a leadership position in the future
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.