Director of Marketing, Water Utilities - Americas
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem is seeking a Director of Marketing, Water Utilities to work in collaboration with Sales, Product management, and other Marketers, drives profitable growth in the water utilities market segment for Xylem in Americas. This vertical directly focuses on the transportation and treatment of water and waste water and the brands Flygt, Goulds Water Technology, Sanitaire, Wedeco and Leopold. The marketing leader is also responsible to collaborate with other business units in Xylem (Sensus, Pure Technologies, Emnet, etc) to develop and implement the overall Xylem strategy in the Water Utilities market focused on serving customers better by leveraging the complete products/solutions portfolio and accelerating Xylem’s growth in this segment. This is a +$600M market vertical with tremendous opportunity for growth. The Marketing Director will lead a team that includes two Business Development Managers and one Demand Generation / Marketing Communications Manager.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Responsible for all aspects of the Vertical market including defining and executing:
- Demand and lead generation strategies (Acquire)
- Customer retention strategies including managing net promoter score (Retain)
- Develop and execute an overall market growth plan – comprehensive multi-year growth strategy for the market vertical (Grow)
- Building relationships with sales and industry groups that will enable growth (Develop)
- Market intelligence gathering and analysis strategies (Intel)
- Educational strategy for sales and other internal and external stakeholders
- Identify strategic accounts for the vertical and work with Sales on defining and implementing the appropriate coverage and service.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the successful implementation of the vertical marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Develops the vertical marketing processes including: strategic marketing plan, and communication and ensures execution in each region.
- Uses marketing intelligence to identify trends, opportunities, competitor activity, customer needs and identify areas of competitive advantage to grow current and potential markets.
- Defines the optimal path to profitable growth within the vertical, including geographic expansion, development, and the pursuit of adjacent sub verticals. Drive to achieve the regional revenue and margin goals for the assigned segment. Develop and execute the regional segment strategic growth plan through a value based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, new business models and services, emerging market expansion, emerging technology, trends or acquisition opportunities.
- Closely collaborates with Product Managers and Sales colleagues to identify key accounts to gather VOC for new products.
- Works closely with sales leadership to foster and optimize existing channels, and develop new routes to market as appropriate.
- Gather and provide segment intelligence to Xylem and appropriate leadership.
- Collaborates with regional Demand Generation Managers and Marcom leaders, to ensure that marketing plans and campaigns are seamlessly aligned with the vertical strategy and Goal Deployment Plan, in the most cost-efficient way. Ensures alignment and coordination with the Business Units Marcom activity.
- Engages with industry associations and professional organizations to provide thought leadership.
- Reviews Net Promoter Score response data and determine appropriate actions to feed into Marketing Plan
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- :BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- +15 years relevant working experience including leading teams
- Industry knowledge required (public and/or private water utilities)
- MBA preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Travel requirement: Must be able to travel within the region and at times globally up to 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.