Lead Software Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The ideal candidate will provide software development throughout the systems development life cycle, while focusing as early as possible on complex features and interfaces. Work closely with other development engineers, product and project managers, and other testing departments to develop software from the commercial specification.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in Xylem’s Watermark activities.
- Participate in Industry 4.0 implementation for Xylem Production facilities worldwide.
- Participate and lead the development process from definition to deployment
- Responsible for project deliveries on time
- Maintain and improve existing applications
- Works closely with global team and ITC engineering team to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Participate in software design and testing with global team and ITC engineering teams
- Assist end users in the implementation of their specific software requirements
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or any other related field.
- Must possess excellent computer skills in desk top applications which include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-35 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting working remotely or from a Xylem office free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.