1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Controls Engineer at its Uniontown, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility. The Controls Engineer will research, plan and design Electrical/Electronic systems for production processes and maintenance support.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Be a contributing member of an assigned project execution team which includes a Project Manager, Mechanical Engineer, and other Controls Engineer to execute the upgrading of production equipment.
- Review and analyze project specifications with special emphasis on electrical, instrumentation and controls requirements to identify costs and develop implementation strategies.
- Review and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (PID).
- Configure and develop all necessary engineering documents required for internal design submittals.
- Perform programming and troubleshooting of system and component level PLC and Operator Interface Screens.
- Perform detailed electrical controls and power distribution designs.
- Maintain project time schedules & budgets for multiple projects in coordination with the Project Management team.
- Follow and comply with all ESH policies.
- Support Production Equipment as required
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Qualified candidates for this position will have a BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in all facets of automated manufacturing equipment.
- In-depth experience with a high level of efficiency in developing applications on programmable logic controllers and peripheral interfaces is a must.
- Experience with Labview is a plus.
- Research and analyze proposals or specifications to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Recognize and analyze problem areas with equipment and provide logical and concise solutions to Maintenance Technical Specialists or Electrical / Controls Engineer.
- Provide technical assistance to various departments, along with project development support.
- Work with vendors to provide the best solution to application. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a good working relationship with various vendors, while arriving at cost-effective solutions.
- Train and instruct others in programming, troubleshooting and proper repair techniques.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.)
- Daily walking throughout manufacturing areas is necessary based upon job demands.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, stoop
- Manufacturing environment subject to loud noises, moving machinery and equipment, and climate changes.
- Office is a typical climate-controlled office environment requiring the use of standard office equipment.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.