Automation & Digital Services Technician
We’re Hiring for an A&D Services Field Technologist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The A&D Services Field Technologist will be responsible for executing our Digital & Services scope at the project level under our branch structure. In this role, the individual will also focus on installing, programming, troubleshooting, servicing our controllers/ monitoring devices, creating SCADA connections, and working with electronic systems across our water utility products and services line card. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Conduct electrical work and start up services of Water Utility lift stations and other water utility solutions in a Safe Manner.
- Provide hands-on technical support for our control panels by commissioning, configuring, retrofitting, installing, new hardware.
- Read and follow Electrical Schematics in order to assemble and terminate all Inputs/Outputs to comply with the technical Scope of Work.
- Ability to program using industry standard tools for PLC type equipment. Software skills associated with the development and programming of SCADA systems.
- Lead site operators to make sure all the new control philosophy (Automation Logic) is tested and working according with Scope of Work, but also do fine tuning for operation variables our customer need for their application.
- Perform utility operator training for large groups of people both on and off the customer’s site. Utilize multimedia tools and product demonstrations to deliver adequate training to both customers and fellow service staff to enable them to take ownership of their Xylem A&DS products/services. Training might be conducted remotely thru video-conference software platforms.
- Guide the service efforts of all Flygt / Godwin (and other relevant Xylem brands) distributors/representatives/OEM service facilities in the Region in accordance with company policies and procedures. Assist end users with service-related issues.
- Interface with end-users (in some cases with reps and distributors) handling service problems and start-ups either by phone or on-site visit. Assist office personnel with product specifications as required.
- Assure compliance with all established personnel policies and procedures.
- Support the ‘service call center’ process by providing support to our end users.
- Includes education and support related to all communication of Technical and Service bulletins.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required – equivalent experience combined with Associates degree as an alternative.
- Prefer 2+ years’ experience in industrial controls and automation applications with a working knowledge of electrical control panels, SCADA, VFD’s, PLCs, telemetry, distributed control networks and industry standard communications protocols.
- Prefer 2+ years equipment maintenance experience in water and/or wastewater collection or treatment systems.
- A basic & working understanding of the National Electrical Code specific to PLC type equipment, Variable speed drives, and motor controls centers amongst others.
- Highly motivated, clear thinking, strong communications skills, and ability to lead and make decisions.
- Working knowledge in water/wastewater processes, including pumping and various treatment equipment
- Treatment focus around disinfection (UV, Ozone), aeration, and filtration
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the operating and fiscal benefit of the company, distribution and the end-user.
- Very strong customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Must have proactive ES&H focus in and around company and customer worksites, as well as on travel to and from.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, prioritization and communication skills (written and verbal) are necessary to help define, develop and enforce initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Quote for Service and Salesforce
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment includes working around pipes, valves, electrical equipment, and operating machinery. The physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. In addition, this role requires up to 20% overnight travel with over 40-hour work weeks.
The estimated hourly range for this position is $32.00 to $37.00 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.