Analyst, Financial Reporting
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete monthly Scorecard for BU performance, monitoring closing deadlines and other deliverables
- Perform consolidation and synthesizing of Quarterly Reporting forms and Balance Sheet flux analysis for the region
- Work with Accounting team to reduce the closing time
- Prepare a bridge for operating profit from month-end to completion of close
- Utilize strong communication skills to interface with Business Finance and others including; accounting staff, technical staff and senior leadership
- Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of processes by reviewing procedures and workflows, analyzing problems, recommending solutions and assisting in the implementation of new processes to drive cost savings and accuracy
- Ability to adapt and effectively interact with teams across the region
- Coordinate closing schedules with the BUs and leaders
- Work independently as a component of a team striving for the same goals
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 2 years in FP&A, or finance type of role
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills,
- Prior knowledge of financial consolidation systems (HFM/OneStream preferred)
- Organization skills that allow reporting deadlines to be consistently met
- Adaptable, detail-oriented, and has the ability to work well as part of a collaborative team in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen and creative problem-solving skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours