Senior Director Product Management & Engineering
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead/Coach staff of product managers, project managers, and technical project managers located in multiple offices across the U.S, Europe and emerging markets. directs personnel activities of the product management & project management department, such as recruitment, hiring, training, development, performance evaluations, and compensation management.
- Lead the transformation of our Treatment product management and engineering execution teams from legacy, brand-specific, geographically centric teams into a highly functional, integrated virtual teams providing best-in-class project execution for projects across Xylem’s full treatment portfolio.
- In collaboration with Operations Managers, assess, improve and implement the procedures, processes and tools required to efficiently execute the timely and cost effective submittal, production, delivery and startup of all projects.
- Lead team to Collaborate with finance and operations to ensure highly accurate revenue and margin forecast (SIOP)
- Establish/maintain in liaison with finance solid processes and procedures related to financial product/project management aspects.
- Manage collaboration, communication and integrated schedule compliance with cross function team members (e.g., sales, operations, R&D, Product mgmt)
- Drive a highly responsive culture for providing outstanding customer focus (both for internal and external customers), on-time delivery and responsive and accurate communications.
- Drive continuous improvement culture and accomplishments; identify top areas in need of improvement and standardization followed by the design and implementation of actions to improve our execution efficiencies, quality and project/brand profitability.
- Define, recommend, implement and utilize sound project management principles (PMO), tools, and procedures in the execution of duties, including, but not limited to: project scheduling, contract terms review, documentation control, project costing/margins, commercial bonding and insurance certificates, milestone deliverables & invoicing/payments, change order management and revenue forecasting.Define and implement training around best practices, lessons learned, and PM competencies with the project management teams for all Xylem Treatment brands. Collaborate with project management leaders, including Commercial Team project execution leaders, across Xylem to push best practices sharing, consistency and lessons learned globally. Develops and manages annual RD budget and forecasts operating costs monthly/quarterly.
- Implement and drive strategies to achieve global revenue and standard margin goals for products and market segments
- Develop and execute the global segment strategic growth plan and product roadmaps through a value based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, emerging market expansion, value optimized design, SKU rationalization and potential acquisition opportunities.
- On an annual basis, deliver the segment strategic plan and product plans to business unit leadership, and on a regular basis, update the team on the progress of the plan’s execution
- Identify and assess emerging technology opportunities and trends, and fold into the global product segment strategy, new product development and acquisition pipelines as appropriate
- Gather and provide segment intelligence to Xylem for our competitors
- Work closely with sales leadership to foster and optimize existing channels and develop new routes to market
- Define and execute a segment-based marketing communication product strategies with our regional vertical marketing teams.
- Engage with industry associations and professional organizations and feed relevant trends and information back to the organization
- Leverage partnerships with regional sales teams to develop and deepen key account relationships and channel partnerships
- Engage in identifying and closing significant order opportunities
- Recruit and develop talent within the global business unit organization, including product management and regional segment leaders
- Mentor other individuals within the global segment organization including product management and regional segment leaders
- Regularly attend monthly operational reviews and goal deployment meetings
- Works effectively within matrixed organizations, across Xylem and with external partner organizations to address challenges and collaborate on solutions that optimally address larger organizations as well as local team goals.
- Develops and maintains positive and productive working relationships with and within the team and other departments.
- Identifies employee development needs and provides coaching tailored to each need, dealing effectively with difficult performance issues while actively developing high potentials.
- Understand, comply with, and support all agency regulatory standards as well as specific policies that govern environmental, health, safety, quality, financial, and people practices.
- Sales Channel Representative Council Meetings
- SIOP Leadership and Participation to communicate & establish Market/Product/Channel Needs
- Strategic Planning Involvement and Core Element Execution.
- Adaptive learning
- Innovative thinking
- Continuous improvement mindset
- NDP Methodology stewardship
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Planning & process orientation
- Developing capability
- Project leadership
- Inspiring accountability
- Solution design
- Leading people & teams
- System thinking
- Cross-boundary/cross cultural communication
- Customer solution orientation
- Technical-problem solving
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution and a minimum of ten years’ experience in the water industry or related industry; five years in a supervisory or management position.
- Professional Engineer and/or Project Management certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated strong process optimization and analytical skills – Lean Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, GMP, etc.
- Demonstrate superior communication, organizational, management, leadership, technical and analytical skills. Proven record of success in developing teams, coaching and change management.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and specifications.
- A good understanding of contracts, project administration, financial project management aspects and submittal process.
- 10 years + experience in the water industry. Preferred
- proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Power Point and ERP systems
- Domestic and International travel up to 20%