Director of Finance, Sensus Investments
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Director, Finance.The Finance Director reports the Senior Director of Finance for Global Sensus. This role will have responsibility for managing the global new product development process at Sensus. This will include evaluation of a dynamic R&D investment portfolio and ensuring they meet business objectives while delivering on expected rate of returns.
The Finance Director demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Managing dynamic global R&D investment portfolio
- Ensuring R&D investments are delivering expected returns
- Driving productivity ideas to optimize effectiveness of R&D investments
- Keeping tabs on XPD commits to ensure they fit within available funding limitations
- Product performance reviews
- ROI analysis & evaluation of proposed investments
- Long range planning & modeling
- Evaluating effectiveness of our new product development process to determine if adequate returns on investment are achieved
- Involvement in development of roadmap for new product development strategy
- Evaluation of ongoing new product projects to ensure they are tracking financially as planned
- Lead annual budget & quarterly forecast process for R&D / Product Marketing areas
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 7 additional years of experience in a financial position
- Proven ability to influence & drive decision making process
- Strong analytical acumen and experience with internal development investment portfolios
- Anticipating and adapting to evolving needs
- Critical thinking and willingness to challenge when necessary
- Proven ability to partner with and influence leadership
- Creating and driving a sense of urgency
- Master's of Business Administration or professional certification/CPA is preferred
- PC proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Experience managing a dynamic portfolio of products and helping business leaders evaluate portfolio decisions.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.