IT Senior Program Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Senior program manager is responsible for multiple critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of numerous strategic and transformational change initiatives by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs.
- Manage multiple complex, strategic technology programs and/ or projects to successful completion.
- Develop and manage relationships with and between all key program stakeholders, including the negotiation of roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate executive level Leadership Team and Steering Committee meetings.
- Set clear expectations regarding artifacts, meetings, reporting and communication for all projects with the program.
- Monitor the work of the Program/Project Managers across the program, coaching where needed to ensure efficient and effective execution of project objectives and escalating to resource manager when necessary
- Ensure realistic and reliable staffing plans across the program, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Manage financials at the program and/or project level, as appropriate.
The Senior IT Program Manager may play the Project Manager role for projects within the program, depending on expertise and bandwidth.
- 15+ years of project management experience including large-scale complex projects OR equivalent management experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Managementor equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Experience with Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies required
- Experience managing technology projects is required
- Knowledge of project metrics, including data gathering, reporting, and trend analysis
- Exceptional PowerPoint skills, including functionality and design
- Project and Portfolio Management (e.g., CA Clarity PPM, Jira)
- Project planning (e.g. MS Project, etc.)
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP/PMI)
To be successful in the role, you must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, business focused mindset, advocating for driving change and continuous improvements and be a people person motivated by leading teams and people.
As you will lead several projects it is crucial that you have time management and multi-tasking skills, you also possess the ability to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity.
You are an analytical decision maker, a team player and you are able to collaborate cross functionally with several of internal and external stakeholders, vendors and partners.
Please apply through careers.xyleminc.com. We are receiving applicants ongoing.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more, please contact Leila Sayyad, Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome with your application!