Product & Applications Engineer
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving the world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training, development and a safety culture.
If you are an experienced mechanical engineer with a strong customer service ethic, we have an exciting opportunity as our Product & Applications Engineer to be based at our Perth branch.
In this role you will have the opportunity to to deliver value to customers through technical expertise and application knowledge as well as solid project management.
- Provide technical advice and quotations promptly and professionally to our customers
- Responsible for product and application system selection to meet customer requirements
- Provide direct technical advice and support to customers or internal stakeholders on range of Xylem products
- Collaborate across functions to deliver the customer experience outcome required to deliver customer satisfaction
- Active project/job management and monitoring of on-time delivery to customers including reporting and forecasting
- Identify and understand areas for customer satisfaction improvement, influence stakeholders and implement measures to drive improvement
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a technical support role in the water/wastewater industry
- Demonstrated experience working within a mining applications engineering capacity (pump selection/design/troubleshooting) or technical oriented role
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Understanding of pumping technologies and their applications, product selection and system calculations
- Understanding of technical documents such as drawings, product specifications, technical standards and installation manuals
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
- Ability to efficiently liaise with stakeholders and quickly build rapport with customers
- Efficient problem solving and troubleshooting ability
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Base salary,annual bonus and ongoing employee benefits
- 10.5% super contribution
- Subsidised Health Insurance through Medibank
- Subsidised Gym membership(50% reimbursement p.a)
- Work with a team that is passionate, positive and love what they do
- Relevant tools of trade to ensure you can perform to your absolute best potential
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
If you meet the criteria above and are keen to join us on our journey to solve water,apply now!