Senior Accountant - Americas Commercial Team
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Accountant. This role will support the ACT in delivering timely and accurate financial reporting. Duties include but are not limited month and quarter-end close support, various accounting related activities, Sarbanes Oxley internal control execution, internal and external audit support, account reconciliations and financial reporting and consolidations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Monthly closing cycle:
- Support the monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close processes and preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with US GAAP for ~$1B business.
- Prepare reports, various financial analyses and other internal control related activity to ensure that financial information is accurate and prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with Financial Statements/Reporting to ensure completeness and accuracy of results as loaded into OneStream.
Internal Control Environment:
- Responsible for performing various financial control activities and financial reviews to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and compliance with laws and regulations.
Recurring Accounting Activities:
- Calculate 3rd party commission payments.
- Lead credit memo review process and customer account reconciliations.
- Administer capital expense authorization process and track related project spending.
- Maintain certain finance information in local ERP systems to ensure accurate reporting (i.e. standard cost updates, list prices, FX tables, etc.).
- Assist with balance sheet accounts reconciliations to ensure they are reconciled per requirements (timeliness, frequency, quality) Assist with preparation of various tax requests (i.e. sales and use tax audits, corporate tax packages, etc.) Coordinate with internal & external audit to ensure audit requests are addressed timely
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with 10 years of business experience.
- CPA, CMA or CIA is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and HFM skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps, and implement solutions successfully.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Processing of 1099s
- Proven analytical ability
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Computer Skills (ERP System, Hyperion, Oracle, STEEB preferred)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 5%)
EOE including disability and veteran