Vertical Marketing Manager-OSEA
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sr. Manager Vertical Marketing – Metrology Solutions and Smart Water Networks, Oceania/South East Asia works in collaboration with Sales, Product management, and other Marketers to drive profitable growth in the water utilities market segment focusing on potable water and heat metering, smart metering and smart water networks involving the suite of clean water brands in the M&CS business unit.
The Sr. Manager Vertical Marketing OSEA is a key role in the Sensus Growth Center, reporting to the M&CS Sr. Director of Marketing - Metrology Solutions and Smart Water Networks, Europe and Emerging Markets.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Responsible for many aspects of the Vertical market in Oceania/ South East Asia including:
Building a Vertical Market capability for the Metrology Solutions and Smart Water Networks segment of the water utilities market in OSEA:
- Contributes in developing and ensuring the successful implementation of the vertical marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Gather and provide segment intelligence to Xylem and appropriate leadership, including competitive and customer analysis, segmentation strategies and VOC
- Uses marketing intelligence to identify trends, opportunities, competitor activity, customer needs and identify areas of competitive advantage to grow current and potential markets.
- Defines the optimal path to profitable growth within the vertical, including geographic expansion, development, and the pursuit of adjacent sub verticals. Drive to achieve the regional revenue and margin goals for the assigned segment.
- Develop and execute the regional segment strategic growth plan through a value-based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, emerging market expansion, emerging technology, trends or acquisition opportunities in collaboration with key cross-functional teams
- Develop and manage key customer relationships to gain VOC on current and future portfolio, manage customer satisfaction and drive profitability in collaboration with sales, product management and operations
- Contributes to the vertical marketing processes including: strategic plan, marketing plan, and communication and ensures execution in each region.
- Contributes to industry associations and professional organizations to provide thought leadership.
Build relationships with and partner with key cross-functional teams:
- Closely collaborates with the Metrology Solutions team in OSEA to drive growth, sales enablement and advance the integration of the Sensus business into the Emerging Markets CT processes
- Closely collaborates with Product Managers and Sales colleagues to identify key accounts to gather VOC for new products.
- Closely collaborates with the Xylem Vue Product Management and Practice Management teams to advance overall Xylem portfolio solutions in the Smart Water Networks segment
- Partner with Sales
- Conduct win/loss analysis
- Manage key customer relationships
- Identify strategic accounts for the vertical market and work with Sales on defining and implementing the appropriate coverage and service
- Foster and optimize existing channels, and develop new routes to market as appropriate
- Partner with GC Marketing Communications team on communication strategies by segment / market. Ensures alignment and coordination with the EM CT Marcom activity. Collaborates with regional Demand Generation Managers and Marcom leaders, to ensure that marketing plans and campaigns are seamlessly aligned with the vertical strategy and Goal Deployment Plan, in the most cost-efficient way.
- Collaborates and partners with the EM CT to align market activity in the verticals of Water Utilities, Industrial and Building Services segments
- Partner with Customer Success to manage NPS (net promoter score) and customer retention strategies.
- Contributes in definition and execution of educational strategy for sales and other internal and external stakeholders
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, MBA is preferred, especially in International Business
- 8-10+ years’ experience in product management or product marketing
- Ability to analyze market data and to define the appropriate market growth strategy
- Experience with gathering competitive data, driving competitive analysis and proposing action plans accordingly in an industrial environment
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Experience working with and understanding the product lifecycle
- Experience in developing VOC projects and presenting outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win scenarios cross organizationally
- Exceptional organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally across a wide range of constituencies
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
- English proficiency required, Chinese is a plus
- Reasonably frequent travel can be expected, to Xylem and Sensus locations in the region, and to customers (30-40%).