Senior C++ Developer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Building applications on embedded Linux systems with C++
- Sometimes using higher level frameworks like OSGI (Java) or Node-Red
- Implementation of measurement and control algorithms
- Implementing connectivity interfaces to external measurement systems, field level devices, PLCs, and SCADA systems
- Implementing connectivity interfaces to enterprise IT systems or external cloud solutions
- Defining test concepts and execution of software test
- Documentation of development work
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 4 to 8 years’ experience in a Linux embedded application development.
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Proficiency in programming with C++ in Linux
- Good understanding of mathematical und physical principles
- Experience in building user space applications on embedded Linux-Systems (e.g. on RasPi, BeagleBone, etc.)
- Experience in packet management/ deploying software under embedded Linux
- Experience in usage of IOT related communication protocols (MQTT, OPC-UA, REST-APIs)