1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Proposal Manager to become part of a growing proposal team that supports the Sensus and Assessment Services businesses. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for managing and producing proposals of all sizes from simple quotes to large, complex strategic pursuits. This critically important role will help to distinguish Xylem in the marketplace by purposely writing and strategically positioning winning proposals in the form of RFPs, RFQs and letter proposals.
The Proposal Manager reports to the Proposal Team Manager and will regularly interface with sales, project management, legal, and other entities within Xylem. You will be responsible for leading, writing, editing, and submitting proposals according to schedule. While many responses are a team effort, the Proposal Manager must be able to handle the entire process end to end if resource availability and workload require. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success with the principles and best practices of proposal management, customer focused messaging, and technical writing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple proposals simultaneously, including analyzing requirements, writing original content, editing team contributions, coordinating logistics, and complying with specifications and deadlines.
- Engage in strategy discussions with sales team to craft proposals and responses that reflect situational awareness and focus on the right value drivers.
- Oversee the management of all proposal related activities including developing and managing the proposal schedule, plans, deadlines, and progress. Set up and facilitate kickoff meetings, status and proposal review calls.
- Continuously learn about the technologies and products in our solutions portfolio.
- Understand Xylem’s mission, overall strategy, brand and messaging to be able to convey one, unified voice.
- Work quickly and independently with minimal supervision to meet scheduling requirements
- Peer review proposals and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format or content
- Assist with content management through continuous boilerplate updates
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate people to produce deliverables in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced computer skills including Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat Professional preferred; Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Engaging different organizations within the business to execute necessary proposal content
- Highly motivated individual who is able to grasp complex solutions quickly and deduce to a customer oriented message
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or a related field of study and five to seven years of related work experience
- Experience in, or familiarity with, utility industries is a plus
- Minimal travel required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.