Global Product Manager, Accessories and 3rd Party Solutions
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Global Product Manager (m/w/d), Accessories and 3rd Party Solutions
The Global product group Manager is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for the Accessories portfolio as well as 3rd party bought solutions. This role manages its products through the whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, value proposition and working closely with RD&E to delivering and introducing winning products to the market in close collaboration with the commercial teams. This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize product line profitability including; managing strategic and market pricing, defining value-engineering priorities, products to be discontinued and working with marketing to promote profitable product lines to suitable applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Defining the product strategy
- Develop product portfolio roadmap covering product positioning and value proposition per product line to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development and communications
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the portfolio including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in municipal, Building/Residential and Industrial markets by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price)
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders
- Framing the vertical offer, in a collaborative way with key stakeholders, by packaging the product, solutions and services e.g. developing offer per application and framing applicable value proposition per vertical.
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
Product development including launches
- Collaborates with Sales, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC
- Assign and take ownership of the XPD process from Product Management side by actively drive and participate throughout the tollgate process by developing business case, PAR, product specification etc. with the understating of customer and market needs.
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Drive and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Being responsible for resource allocation, keeping the time line and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g. strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
- Develop complete internal communication package e.g. product release notes
- Accountability for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications.
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and give ideas for Value Engineering initiatives.
Sales/orders performance and profitability of the products
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends
- Responsible for S&OP forecast input to Operations. Forecasting, submitting actuals to R&D and following up New Product Vitality Index (NPVI) to ensure targets are being met. If not identify countermeasures, execute and follow up to close any gaps.
- Carefully follow up sales, order and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap.
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets. International Price List, as well as specific product/segment-focused efforts.
- Support the regions to drive and implement plans in order to meet targets set up in the operating plan
- Ensure that after-market and service are an integral part of the product’s value proposition
- Ensure that product managers collaborate effectively with Communications support for powerful sales and marketing collateral (new and existing products, application areas, thought leadership content etc.) by contributing to content development
- Responsible for keeping the product related marketing materials updated including the product web sites
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Active participation in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated
- Self-starter, highly organized, and be able to work well with leadership at all levels in the organization
- Influential skill with the ability to bring others to the way of thinking without force or coercion is important in to grow the business or drive changed behaviours.
- Analytical skill to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information.
- Uncompromised customer focus and willingness to listen to and understand both internal and external customers
- Polished presentation and interpersonal dialogue skills for collaboration and teamwork
- Possess top level business management, interpersonal and facilitation skills for developing trust
- Humility, result orientation, and value based decision making
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- Developing capability, leading people & teams
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.