Business Continuity Regional Lead (Manufacturing)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Water challenges are escalating around the globe, placing people and communities, our environment, and our very future at risk. By 2025, 1.8 billion people will be living in countries or regions with absolute water scarcity. We are a Fortune 1000 global water technology provider with with over 17.000 employees and one mission: to help our customers solve water through the power of technology and expertise. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Together, we can make water more accessible and affordable, and communities more resilient. Let’s create a world that is more water-secure and sustainable for all. We have the opportunity of a lifetime to solve water. Let’s work together and lead the way.
Business Continuity Regional Lead
The Business Continuity Regional Lead is responsible to support corporate business continuity initiatives for a complex multi-site manufacturing organization across the EU region. This position reports to the Senior Director, Business Continuity and Corporate Security.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Align and champion the corporate business continuity strategy to influence stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Must have a deep understanding of business continuity processes (risk assessment, business impact analysis, BC/Response Plans).
- Partner with manufacturing site stakeholders to support the maturity of their business continuity programs through consistent coordination to plan, improve, and assess plans through exercise.
- Support business units to develop business continuity program elements (risk assessments, business impact analysis, business continuity plans, incident response plans)
- Align business continuity program with our governance framework.
- Assess needs to support site business continuity stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and deliver training to a diverse audience.
- Assess stakeholder output, provide constructive feedback, and coach with the goal to mature business continuity capabilities.
- Partner with IT/DR to align IT disaster recovery strategies to operational processes (including RTOs and RPOs) to document mitigation strategies to avoid operational disruption.
Supply Chain Resilience
- Experience working with procurement to reduce gaps within the supply chain, support increased business continuity, to drive supplier resilience.
- Use and manage 3rd party business continuity software for sites of responsibility to drive completion at the region and site level, coach, and train BC stakeholders to optimize business continuity software use.
- Experience supporting crisis response activities in a variety of crisis situations.
- Experience developing and delivering scenario-based exercises, foster stakeholder participation, and document best practices and areas of opportunity.
- Champion, coach, and train site stakeholders to mature their site security programs (workplace violence prevention, Visitor, CCTV, Access Control, security best practices, etc.) aligning with corporate initiatives.
- Audit site security programs for continuous improvement.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working across an organization to develop business continuity plans and incident response plans within a manufacturing environment.
- Understand industry best practices and international standards. Including (ISO 22301, ISO 27001, BCI Good practice guides - DRII and BCI)
- Several years business continuity experience working in a complex cross-functional global manufacturing company.
- Proven experience in Business Continuity and/or Operational Resilience BCP, Crisis Management, Incident Management and Response. Knowledge of applicable country, local, state, laws, and regulations.
- Professional certification (BCI, DRI) in business continuity management.
- An ability to understand business operations from the top level down and bottom-up structured thinking to understand the multi-dimensional nature of the business e.g., corporate, region, business unit, site, functions, interdependencies, and critical processes.
- A demonstrated focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive results to completion.
- Project management best practices and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation, training, and reporting.
- High-level critical thinking and excellent critical thinking skills.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.